Upgrade after booking?

cruisingcasual

We are looking at a cruise about a year from now. The price at the moment is very nice, but we can't decide if we want the basic fare or if we should upgrade to the drinks and wifi included.

If I book the basic fare now, can I upgrade to drinks and wifi later?  I'm sure we can, but I guess the better question is would it be for the same price I see now or will that go up.

Thanks for any help you can give.

5 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Yeah, you can pay for drinks and wifi later. I try and get a package that includes the drinks, and then add extras if/where needed.

Usually (currently in US)  the difference from the lowest rate and the Drinks Pkg rate with wi-fi is around $200-$250 p/p. If you want to add the Drinks Pkg and wi-fi later it is currently $427 for drinks and $72 for wi-fi p/p.  IMO it make much more sense to do it early if you are contemplating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mvh said:

Usually (currently in US)  the difference from the lowest rate and the Drinks Pkg rate with wi-fi is around $200-$250 p/p. If you want to add the Drinks Pkg and wi-fi later it is currently $427 for drinks and $72 for wi-fi p/p.  IMO it make much more sense to do it early if you are contemplating. 

And currently in the US, trying to make any changes to your booking can open a can of worms and cause unwelcome changes, not what you are hoping for.  EM

• Like 2

I got a good rate on the cruise for 14 days.  Later the free drinks wifi and obc credit started 2 weeks after we booked.  I thought about upgrading the booking but when I did the math on it we would be paying $960 more for our cruise and I thought will we be drinking $960 on anything since we are not big drinkers and we already have a obc on our booking.  I decided to pass.  There is going to be at least 7 days when we will be in port and not going to be able to use the drink package for the time we are off the ship. 

On 4/16/2023 at 10:55 PM, cruisingcasual said:

We are looking at a cruise about a year from now. The price at the moment is very nice, but we can't decide if we want the basic fare or if we should upgrade to the drinks and wifi included.

If I book the basic fare now, can I upgrade to drinks and wifi later?  I'm sure we can, but I guess the better question is would it be for the same price I see now or will that go up.

Thanks for any help you can give.

MSC will make you cancel and rebook if it's a different promotion. Or you can pay for drinks now and wifi separately 

UK the cost(drinks premium) at time of booking is nearly always the best option as it can be heavily discounted.

Also MSC does not play the silly games with higher prices and continuous sales at 50% 75% second etc that the other do.

Price tend to start sensible and vary around that maybe the odd 15%-20% discounts.