Coral Princess.......309/310 or Emerald balconies

cr8tiv1

It's been a while since the Coral Princess has done full Panama Canal transits.  I was in B309.  Loved it but can not remember if it was my first choice.  

Seeking advice from Coral lovers.  These are the ONLY staterooms I would consider.  I liked the curved bump out.

B309/B310

C309/C310

Emerald Deck balconies a few cabins forward of the lifeboats.

Caribe is close enough to public decks.  I don't really want to use the elevators.  C309/C310 are above mini suites on Dolphin Deck. 

Both Baja and Caribe have those secret doors forward and aft.  Caribe is slightly larger (with chairs?)

I am sure there are many Coral fans out there.  Only interested in the above mentioned staterooms.  Please jog my memory.

Mahalo Nui Loa for your kokua (help).

Hi @cr8tiv1

We were on the Coral in 2018 for the full transit. We loved our E736 cabin because of the privacy and closeness to the aft open decks. We were able to touch the walls of the locks during our passage. Then balcony was also cobered.

I realize this might not be your thing, but we would book it again. The Universe Lounge below never bothered us.

• Like 1

What do you actually want to know?

We were in C505 on Coral in February for a PNG itinerary. This cabin was midships, next to the bumped out section, and we loved it. 

One of the things we liked about its position was that it was close to the stairs but not so close that the elevator traffic bothered us.

We try to avoid taking the elevators and we found that from Caribe deck we could easily walk up or down the stairs to any of the public areas without too much difficulty. 

Edited by Kellyansapansa

@Kellyansapansa  Thank you for your input.  I am trying to decide between Baja, Caribe, and Emerald decks.  I really liked the location of 309 cabins (Baja/Caribe).  It is at the end of the bump out and doesn't catch the wind at all.  I liked the curved balcony and the view.  

My questions are:

Is there a major difference between Baja and Caribe when it comes to walking the stairs/elevators?  

Would I get the same experience in any of the Emerald staterooms 300+  ?

Not interested in aft cabins.  

42 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@Kellyansapansa  Thank you for your input.  I am trying to decide between Baja, Caribe, and Emerald decks.  I really liked the location of 309 cabins (Baja/Caribe).  It is at the end of the bump out and doesn't catch the wind at all.  I liked the curved balcony and the view.  

My questions are:

Is there a major difference between Baja and Caribe when it comes to walking the stairs/elevators?  

Would I get the same experience in any of the Emerald staterooms 300+  ?

Not interested in aft cabins.  

Personally we found that Caribe deck was super convenient and we could easily get to the places we visited most.

We are buffet diners, not MDR diners, and it was very easy to walk up to Horizon Court level from Caribe. We like to roam around the ship quite a lot and we found everything was easily accessible from Caribe. We also duck back to our cabin a lot in between activities and never found it to be too far, and almost always took the stairs even though we're not particularly fit or healthy!

I haven't experienced Baja or Emerald decks on Coral or any equivalent ships to have an opinion on those decks but would definitely book on Caribe again.

• Like 1