What happened to Brilliant Lady

Wildcatllamas

1 hour ago, Lustate said:

It might just be an error, but looks like BL is not getting the next set of discounts being released by VV according to terms. I assume they will correct it before go live, but if you are about to book, 100% check with the agent first that you get the offer. 

I think if I was going to book anything I would check tomorrow and then on Friday. That way if a new promo is to hit following the sailing yesterday it might be between tomorrow and Friday the 1st.

12 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I think if I was going to book anything I would check tomorrow and then on Friday. That way if a new promo is to hit following the sailing yesterday it might be between tomorrow and Friday the 1st.

New offer will kick in tomorrow (28th of Aug) through to September the 28th. 

Happy Fall Y’All

Edited by Lustate
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, librarylady19 said:

Great, but what about BL’s schedule after 4/20? 

We have a 3/2-3/9 sailing booked on BL; apparently it's not just about the sailings after 4/20 based on some recent posts here. We just PIF and got an overall 10% discount, which means if they cancel we get less money back to re-book. Could this have been intentional on VV's part???

• Like 1

Just now, Mbot222000 said:

We have a 3/2-3/9 sailing booked on BL; apparently it's not just about the sailings after 4/20 based on some recent posts here. We just PIF and got an overall 10% discount, which means if they cancel we get less money back to re-book. Could this have been intentional on VV's part???

Everyone gets a 10% discount if you PIF outside of 6 months.  At least for as long as I've been sailing (about a year).

• Like 1

Just now, aviators99 said:

Everyone gets a 10% discount if you PIF outside of 6 months.  At least for as long as I've been sailing (about a year).

Good to know - this our first trip with them so we are VV virgins...  😜

We just got a message from our TA and jumped on the opportunity. We got a promotion and then this discount. Pretty happy with the overall price.

33 minutes ago, Mbot222000 said:

Good to know - this our first trip with them so we are VV virgins...  😜

We just got a message from our TA and jumped on the opportunity. We got a promotion and then this discount. Pretty happy with the overall price.

Wait until you see the actual product and how amazing the price really is!

Edited by aviators99
  • Like 3

We are booked on the 4/20 transatlantic cruise from San Juan.  We are concerned about whether this cruise will take place or not.  I have checked with several agencies that have advertised the cruise and they are concerned as well.  They currently cannot sell any cabins for this cruise and do not believe it is sold out yet.  They say that they do not get any information from VIrgin other than the ship is "inventory control."  We have a backup cruise just in case we feel as though this cruise will get cancelled.  Frustrating.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ranger1227 said:

We are booked on the 4/20 transatlantic cruise from San Juan.  We are concerned about whether this cruise will take place or not.  I have checked with several agencies that have advertised the cruise and they are concerned as well.  They currently cannot sell any cabins for this cruise and do not believe it is sold out yet.  They say that they do not get any information from VIrgin other than the ship is "inventory control."  We have a backup cruise just in case we feel as though this cruise will get cancelled.  Frustrating.

Totally agree with you! We are also booked and it very frustrating to have no communication from VV.  I seriously doubt I will book a cruise with them in the future.  Their customer service is nonexistant. We also have a back up cruise plan and hotels in multiple departure ports!  If it wasn't for loosing our deposit I would cancel this cruise in a heartbeat. I need to arrive in Lisbon on the first of May so another VV ship doesn't get me there. This is a total disregard on Virgin's part for their customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ranger1227 said:

Same here and with many other people too! There are port stops on the official calendars for Amsterdam and Zeebriugge in may 2024 which lends credence to theory that BL will do Northern European itineraries but still no idea if our ta will happen as scheduled or even later. We booked a may cruise but TAs are priced too high now. 

3 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

I am a bit confused...Better to pay in full now for our cruise 2/24?  

As far as I know, there is no benefit to PIF now.  You will get 10% off the cruise fare portion of cost if you PIF before 180 days,  but you still have a bit of time to get there.  Just for safety, I normally do the PIF a couple weeks before the 180 days, just to be sure the processing went thru, etc.  Your "first mate" should take care of that for you.  So yes, PIF by middle of October, but no advantage to doing it now vs. a month from now, and you MIGHT have more info if you wait just a bit.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

As far as I know, there is no benefit to PIF now

The one advantage of being paid in full at this point is if they significantly change the itinerary or cancel the sailing. In the past, they've offered anything from 25%-200% in future cruise credit. The more you've paid, the more you get back.

• Like 3

Just now, CineGraphic said:

The one advantage of being paid in full at this point is if they significantly change the itinerary or cancel the sailing. In the past, they've offered anything from 25%-200% in future cruise credit. The more you've paid, the more you get back.

True.  

20 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I did PIF for that reason but didn't get 10% off (paid via website) - is this something that VV will retroactively apply if I contact them?

19 minutes ago, librarylady19 said:

I did PIF for that reason but didn't get 10% off (paid via website) - is this something that VV will retroactively apply if I contact them?

You're certainly entitled to the 10% discount, I'd call your TA or VV if you booked direct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2023 at 2:05 AM, Lustate said:

I think we all just need to be very British about it, and have a nice cup of tea, and wait to see what happens. 

Alternatively - Let's go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over. - Shaun

The Plan

• Haha 3

People in the Facebook Mermaidan (which is less than 120 days) are starting to see occasional access to the app for their cruise.  I think the Dec - April cruises will go as advertised.

As to the Transatlantic.. it will probably go out on the 20th as it is supposed to, but where it is going, is another question,

This screen cap was captured (and since disappeared)

370859270_10230113660055238_6408576982772830728_n.jpg

• Like 4