Traveling Companion In Different Cabins & Excursions

SargassoPirate

This is a new one for me.  Doing a cruise with a small group of friends all booking different cabins.  Can traveling companions in different cabins and bookings link booking numbers via the Medallion app and get in the same tour group when booking excursions?

Edited by SargassoPirate

12 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

This is a new one for me.  Doing a cruise with a small group of friends all booking different cabins.  Can traveling companions in different cabins and bookings link booking numbers via the Medallion app and get in the same tour group when booking excursions?

On Princess, at least in all my experiences, you're placed into groups by virtue of the group number sticker you're given when you check in on the ship on the day of the excursion.  So you should only need to 1) make sure you all book the same excursion time and 2) check in together on the ship to make sure you all get the same group number.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I called Princess recently and asked about linking our reservations together since we are traveling together. I was told that the link would only apply to dining options and not shore excursions.

• Thanks 1