Family Excursion Recommendations

Meggyme

I will be doing a 15 day Celebrity cruise from Sydney with my husband, 70 year old mother in law, and my 7 and 4 year old kids. We will be stopping at Brisbane, Airlie Beach, Cairns, Darwin, Bali and ending in Singapore. My primary goal is to get my kids to see some fish at the Great Barrier Reef, but they are both new to snorkeling. Interested in any recommendations for this itinerary.

5 hours ago, Meggyme said:

I will be doing a 15 day Celebrity cruise from Sydney with my husband, 70 year old mother in law, and my 7 and 4 year old kids. We will be stopping at Brisbane, Airlie Beach, Cairns, Darwin, Bali and ending in Singapore. My primary goal is to get my kids to see some fish at the Great Barrier Reef, but they are both new to snorkeling. Interested in any recommendations for this itinerary.

Hit the low Isles with "Wavedancer" from Port Douglas. Technically I think it counts as the inner Barrier Reef. It doesn't have the 2 hours each way to get there and is very kid-friendly (and with amazing fish, turtles etc to see). One of the best, well organised excursions we have done. 

https://wavedancerlowisles.com/

From Airlie Beach, we took a day trip to Daydream Island and that was a great day out. Snorkeling there too. 

Singapore there is just so much to see and do. We had a week there and only scratched the surface. Are heading back there end of June for more 🙂 

On 4/18/2023 at 5:25 AM, Over from NZ said:

From Airlie Beach, we took a day trip to Daydream Island and that was a great day out. Snorkeling there too. 

Singapore there is just so much to see and do. We had a week there and only scratched the surface. Are heading back there end of June for more 🙂 

Where exactly on the Daydream Island site can you book a day trip?  I spent way too much time on their site, and couldn't find that option. 

3 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Where exactly on the Daydream Island site can you book a day trip?  I spent way too much time on their site, and couldn't find that option. 

Not sure sorry. We booked the excursion to daydream Island from the ship (we were novices back in the day.. nowadays we book our own and stay clear of ship excursions haha). 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Perhaps email to check - frontdesk@daydreamisland.com 

This link has information which may be of help -

Daydream Island Day Trips

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1