Help compare Itinerary

This will be our first time on a Norway cruise. There is sooo much to research.  Can I have some opinions on the below two itineraries?  Thanks in advance.

Amsterdam, Holland                    5:00pm

At Sea                  

Oslofjord, Norway (Cruising)                     

Oslo, Norway                  8:00am 4:00pm

Kristiansand, Norway     8:00am 5:00pm

Stavanger, Norway         8:00am 3:00pm

Sognefjord, Norway (Cruising)                  

Flam, Norway                 7:00am 7:00pm

At Sea                  

Amsterdam, Holland      7:00am

OR

Amsterdam, Holland                      5:00pm

At Sea                  

Eidfjord, Norway              7:00am 3:00pm

Hardangerfjord, Norway (Cruising)                         

Alesund, Norway             8:00am 5:00pm

Geiranger, Norway         7:00am 5:00pm TENDER

Bergen, Norway             8:00am 5:00pm

At Sea                  

Amsterdam, Holland      7:00am

Do you want more city or fjord experience? If fjord, then the second option as you get fjord sailing into Eidfjord and Geiranger, plus you get further up the Atlantic coast in Norway.  Or look for a cruise that includes both Flam and Geiranger.Maybe a back to back if you have the time so you get both experiences. Did you check other cruiselines?

Happy planning!

1 hour ago, Celialeah98 said:

Do you want more city or fjord experience? If fjord, then the second option as you get fjord sailing into Eidfjord and Geiranger, plus you get further up the Atlantic coast in Norway.  Or look for a cruise that includes both Flam and Geiranger.Maybe a back to back if you have the time so you get both experiences. Did you check other cruiselines?

Happy planning!

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at other cruises.  One thing I want is to depart from Amsterdam, not Southhampton.  B2B would be nice, but it would not be feasible for us.

We are on the 12 day Rccl jewel of the seas to Norway this July from Amsterdam. We are looking forward to exploring Amsterdam also. Just note that if you are planning for 2023 Holland America will probably be leaving out of Rotterdam like they did in 2022. ( A train ride from Amsterdam)

1 hour ago, Celialeah98 said:

We are on the 12 day Rccl jewel of the seas to Norway this July from Amsterdam. We are looking forward to exploring Amsterdam also. Just note that if you are planning for 2023 Holland America will probably be leaving out of Rotterdam like they did in 2022. ( A train ride from Amsterdam)

Oh that's interesting.  I just checked cruise timetables and they show it as Passenger Terminal Amersterdam, not Rotterdam. Hopefully it stays that way. 

I've been comparing these two for a 2024 trip and I'm going with the 2nd.  We actually plan to fly into Amsterdam and spend a few days there before taking the train to Rottendam.  It appears the train is only about an hour and I'm sure the train system in The Netherlands is much more reliable than here in the US.  🙂

On 4/18/2023 at 3:23 PM, Celialeah98 said:

We're leaving on the Nieuw Statendam (Holland America) from Amsterdam on May 14th. We were originally scheduled to depart from Ijmuiden but that was changed several months ago.

22 hours ago, Sea42 said:

We're leaving on the Nieuw Statendam (Holland America) from Amsterdam on May 14th. We were originally scheduled to depart from Ijmuiden but that was changed several months ago.

Hope all goes well for you. I had to google map ljmuiden to see where it was.  I would imagine Amsterdam is much easier with the airport right there.  From what I have learned, the ships last year that got changed from Amsterdam to Rotterdam were due to water level problems.  

Anyway, have a fantastic cruise, especially since I see it was cancelled for you in 2022. 🎉🚢

35 minutes ago, Trish Traveler said:

Hope all goes well for you. I had to google map ljmuiden to see where it was.  I would imagine Amsterdam is much easier with the airport right there.  From what I have learned, the ships last year that got changed from Amsterdam to Rotterdam were due to water level problems.  

Anyway, have a fantastic cruise, especially since I see it was cancelled for you in 2022. 🎉🚢

Thank you!