Cozumel private tour guide was amazing

Pika8347

Fresh off the Vista and I have to give a shout to my private tour guide "Chris" at Blackhat Tours! Chris (Cresencio Lopez) was suggested on another thread here and I'm so glad we hired him. Communication was great via what's app and he was there waiting for exactly at our requested time. He gave us suggestions on where to go and what to see, but ultimately let us decide. Private van for just the four of us! We chose the chocolate factory and zip lining and had a blast. He even played foosball with my boys just to keep them entertained.  I just wish we had more time with him! Feel free to ask me more; you won't be disappointed. https://blackhattours.com

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 8:45 PM, Pika8347 said:

Fresh off the Vista and I have to give a shout to my private tour guide "Chris" at Blackhat Tours! Chris (Cresencio Lopez) was suggested on another thread here and I'm so glad we hired him. Communication was great via what's app and he was there waiting for exactly at our requested time. He gave us suggestions on where to go and what to see, but ultimately let us decide. Private van for just the four of us! We chose the chocolate factory and zip lining and had a blast. He even played foosball with my boys just to keep them entertained.  I just wish we had more time with him! Feel free to ask me more; you won't be disappointed. https://blackhattours.com

Where did you go zip lining and how was it?

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Where did you go zip lining and how was it?

It was called "Mayan Adventures" for $60 (cash only!) each and my boys loved it! We could've added ATV's for another $40 but they weren't interested. There are other zip lining locations in Cozumel and I'm pretty sure our guy got a kick back for taking us there, which was fine with us.

The facility could use a little TLC, but for the price, I have zero complaints! 

I mentioned the 'cash only' because I really preferred to use a card. However, they said it would be an additional 16% to use a credit card because of the 'taxes' they had to pay?!?! I didn't argue and just paid cash (USD). 

IMG_5073.jpeg

4 hours ago, Reisdawg said:

Can I ask for a range of the cost?   I can’t see any pricing on their site.  

Send them an email with an idea of your group size, interests, and timing, and you should get back an estimate.  I have been going back & forth for the past couple of weeks trying to narrow down what might work for our group.  Since they want to book us, I have already been sent a request to submit a PayPal deposit, however, we aren’t ready to commit, yet. 

We are being quoted $35 per person per hour, which does NOT include the price of admission to any attraction at all.

1 hour ago, Pika8347 said:

It was called "Mayan Adventures" for $60 (cash only!) each and my boys loved it! We could've added ATV's for another $40 but they weren't interested. There are other zip lining locations in Cozumel and I'm pretty sure our guy got a kick back for taking us there, which was fine with us.

I mentioned the 'cash only' because I really preferred to use a card. However, they said it would be an additional 16% to use a credit card because of the 'taxes' they had to pay?!?! I didn't argue and just paid cash (USD). 

CORRECTION: it was called "Mayan Adventures Cozumel"

IMG_5073.jpeg

IMG_5073.jpeg

Thanks, after years and years of never seeing a review that is the second recommendation for that location in the last month!  I thought you might have gone to that location as it is convenient for the chocolate factory.

I am wondering if they are new owners and advertising more.

5 hours ago, Reisdawg said:

Can I ask for a range of the cost?   I can’t see any pricing on their site.  

I think you would need to contact because it depends on number of people (therefore size of vehicle), number of hours, where you want to go/distance. I thought he used to have pricing guidance on his website? 

We generally use ToursPlaza and they have pricing listed as guidance.

If you don’t have many people, and know exactly where you want to go, (so don’t need a guide that speaks English) you can probably negotiate a better rate from a taxi outside the port area. If you need help, a private driver arranged in advance is a better way to go.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:54 PM, c-leg5 said:

Thanks, after years and years of never seeing a review that is the second recommendation for that location in the last month!  I thought you might have gone to that location as it is convenient for the chocolate factory.

I am wondering if they are new owners and advertising more.

Could be! We also did the Chocolate tour. It's probably the same owners, lol!

On 4/23/2023 at 6:09 PM, c-leg5 said:

I think you would need to contact because it depends on number of people (therefore size of vehicle), number of hours, where you want to go/distance. I thought he used to have pricing guidance on his website? 

We generally use ToursPlaza and they have pricing listed as guidance.

If you don’t have many people, and know exactly where you want to go, (so don’t need a guide that speaks English) you can probably negotiate a better rate from a taxi outside the port area. If you need help, a private driver arranged in advance is a better way to go.

Price was $60 per person for zip line and was negotiated by our tour guide prior to arrival. 

Price was $60 per person for zip line and was negotiated by our tour guide prior to arrival. 

I was referring to the taxi pricing. I have no idea about the ziplining. I am just surprised to hear about it twice ( well, once for ziplining, once for ATV’s in the last month) when i have never seen reviews in last 15 years.

I was hoping Xtrem would reopen at Chankanaab for grandkids but this may be an alternative. It has a similar name and am trying to find out if it is the same company relocated.