Cell phone usage in Bermuda

cfarrow2112

Hello, heading to Bermuda next week on the NCL Prima.  I have read that the "cell network" used in Bermuda is compatible with U.S. based cell phone service providers.  I am familiar with a "roaming" fee when using my cell phone for calls, but what about using it for 5G or LTE (or possibly lower standard) internet?

• Like 1

If your phone has LTE or 5G capability it will roam in Bermuda if your carrier plan allows international roaming. There is very good LTE coverage on the island. Those are global standards so you devices will work like at home if you turn on data roaming. Just make sure you don’t have data roaming on when Prima is at sea. You don’t want to connect to Cellular at Sea. I leave my phone in Airplane mode at sea with WiFi turned on so it won’t roam at sea. On your docked ship because of the metal infrastructure you might not get a good signal. 5G is being rolled out. I don’t know how that’s gone in the last year but no one needs 5G anyway in my opinion. My phone at home says 5G and I don’t notice much difference. AT&T and Verizon have $10 a day travel passes  which work well.  T-Mobil it depends on your plan. Some T-Mobile plans may have throttled service. 

1 hour ago, cfarrow2112 said:

Hello, heading to Bermuda next week on the NCL Prima.  I have read that the "cell network" used in Bermuda is compatible with U.S. based cell phone service providers.  I am familiar with a "roaming" fee when using my cell phone for calls, but what about using it for 5G or LTE (or possibly lower standard) internet?

Like Charles said, if you have AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity just get a travel pass for the days you are there