NHL Playoffs

crazytomatoes

We will be on the Rotterdam from May 27 to June 17 for a Viking Sagas & Baltic Jewels cruise and are wondering if we will be able to watch any NHL games? Has anyone ever sailed during the Stanley Cup Playoffs in Europe and found they were able to view some of the games? I'd imagine with the time difference they would be shown at odd times but we are hopeful that we may be able to watch a game or two. 

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, crazytomatoes said:

We will be on the Rotterdam from May 27 to June 17 for a Viking Sagas & Baltic Jewels cruise and are wondering if we will be able to watch any NHL games? Has anyone ever sailed during the Stanley Cup Playoffs in Europe and found they were able to view some of the games? I'd imagine with the time difference they would be shown at odd times but we are hopeful that we may be able to watch a game or two. 

Thanks 

I was in Thailand for the Superbowl. One trick to watching stuff from your home network when traveling only works if you get your TV streaming. If so, if you subscribe to a VPN (virtual private network) you can watch as if you are at home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

I was in Thailand for the Superbowl. One trick to watching stuff from your home network when traveling only works if you get your TV streaming. If so, if you subscribe to a VPN (virtual private network) you can watch as if you are at home.

We will give that a try, thanks 

If ESPN is carrying any of the games, then there is an excellent chance you will get the opportunity to watch. Since ABC, jointly with ESPN, has broadcast many weekend games this year, I suspect they will carry at least some playoff and Cup games.
Otherwise, I would hold out little hope (possible, but not likely). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazytomatoes said:

We will give that a try, thanks 

By the way, we will be exiting the Rotterdam on May 27, after our cruise. But give yourself a couple of days to set up the VPN before you leave, and install on any computers or phones. As you might imagine, like everything else computer related, getting started may be easy, but there's always a trick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazytomatoes said:

Thanks 

Why do you want to see the L.A. Kings beat the Oilers in the first round? 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was on the Zaandam last year during playoffs and we were unable to watch as the channels were not available. We tried to watch on our computer but the sites were blocked. We ended up listening to the games on the NHL app radio feed. 

9 hours ago, cwd79 said:

Was on the Zaandam last year during playoffs and we were unable to watch as the channels were not available. We tried to watch on our computer but the sites were blocked. We ended up listening to the games on the NHL app radio feed. 

The radio is a good idea thanks