Another major screw up by MSC to add to the list.

mscdivina2016

6 minutes ago, NMsunset said:

Lots of drama from the usual folks...

OP booked excursion from 3rd party...they did not manage their wakeup alarm nor the meeting point/time for the excursion...yet the other 14 from the same ship did.

That's 110% on the OP...MSC did Nothing wrong.

Best sign every: Your momma doesn't work here

For such a "proclaimed seasoned traveler", seems off

They gave him bad information that directly caused him to miss an excursion.  One could argue that he should have disregarded what they told him, but one could also argue that he should be able to count on the Yacht Club staff to provide accurate information.  If they don't know, they should find out or refer him to someone else.

Personally, I almost always book MSC's excursions, which would probably avoid something like this, but to each their own.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Why isn't anything put on the tour company for the OP missing the tour? It was a small group and the tour company knew that the ship would not be cleared until 8:00. Did they attempt to communicate with the OP when he didn't show for the tour? When he received their email did he respond back with what MSC told him?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Stockjock said:

They gave him bad information that directly caused him to miss an excursion.  One could argue that he should have disregarded what they told him, but one could also argue that he should be able to count on the Yacht Club staff to provide accurate information.  If they don't know, they should find out or refer him to someone else.

Personally, I almost always book MSC's excursions, which would probably avoid something like this, but to each their own.

I take a different view here.  Since the OP seems to have a lot of issues with MSC and false information, you would expect that they would question this.  Also, they say they are seasoned cruisers.  How often do you dock at 6 am and not get off the ship for 2 hours. I would have questioned it immediately.  I would have also asked my butler and listened to the ships announcements and not relied on the YC staff to get me off.  

• Like 3