Reasonably priced carry-on bag for embarkation?

NJRonbo

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Look at Cotopaxi and see if any of the many bags fit your size and price parameters.  They are lightweight and very colorful - you’ll spot yours yards away!  On my cruise right now (Alaska), I’m using the Bataan 16L as my daypack, a Taal Convertible as my “day bag” since I packed the Bataan.  I also have the Miravieles 35L duffel, but didn’t bring it this time.  I’ve camped and travel around Europe with my Cotopaxi stuff.  LOVE IT.

Those are nice bags. I need something to bring Celebrity pool towels to dry off after snorkeling plus dry clothes.  Not sure the 16L will do it, but at least I have a starting point as far as the bags are concerned.

Thanks, everyone, for your help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Those are nice bags. I need something to bring Celebrity pool towels to dry off after snorkeling plus dry clothes.  Not sure the 16L will do it, but at least I have a starting point as far as the bags are concerned.

Thanks, everyone, for your help.

I don’t bring the bulky Beach tiwels off the ship. I put a couple of microfiber towels (store them in a sandwich baggie). Much easier to pop in a bag 

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

I don’t bring the bulky Beach tiwels off the ship. I put a couple of microfiber towels (store them in a sandwich baggie). Much easier to pop in a bag 

I do use the ship's towels, though you're right when you say they're bulky.  

If you roll a ship's towel into a tight spiral, it doesn't take up as much space.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I do use the ship's towels, though you're right when you say they're bulky.  

If you roll a ship's towel into a tight spiral, it doesn't take up as much space.  

My towel fits in a storage baggie (qt size) when wet. I’ll stay with mine

On 5/1/2023 at 2:29 PM, awhfy said:

My towel fits in a storage baggie (qt size) when wet. I’ll stay with mine

Sounds like the choices are: 

- Carry a ship's towel, which can be traded in for a fresh one any time, though it takes more space in the backpack.  

- Carry a tiny towel, but once it's dirty you don't really have a good way to wash it onboard. 

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Sounds like the choices are: 

- Carry a ship's towel, which can be traded in for a fresh one any time, though it takes more space in the backpack.  

- Carry a tiny towel, but once it's dirty you don't really have a good way to wash it onboard. 

I rinse my microfiber towel in bathroom sink & hang to dry. Takes about 30-45 minutes to dry

If I'm carrying a back-pack, I expect it to do double duty as a carry-on. We have two different sizes of this bag: https://www.ebags.com/backpacks-bags/travel-backpacks/mother-lode-jr-travel-backpack/117769XXXX.html?dwvar_117769XXXX_color=Solid Black&cgidmaster=backpacks-bags-travel

I can put a LOT of stuff in the small bag (laptop, toiletries, about 3 days worth of clothes). If I take it onshore, I empty out the clothes and carry towels, a bathing suit, coverup, etc.

For wet bathing suits, I attach a carabiner and hang the suits off the bag - and they're dry before we finish the excursion