Flip flops/Spa shoes in the thermal spa

Yesimapirate

While I've done the thermal spa in the past, I can't remember if they gave you flip flops to wear like many other spas.

We have 2 weeks in Alaska following our cruise on the Jewel in May ans I'm trying to keep my wife from over packing. 

3 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

While I've done the thermal spa in the past, I can't remember if they gave you flip flops to wear like many other spas.

We have 2 weeks in Alaska following our cruise on the Jewel in May ans I'm trying to keep my wife from over packing. 

No flip flops in the Thermal Suite that I recall but I take a pair of the $2 Old Navy ones and leave them on the ship when I depart. Don't take up much room and gives me a tiny bit of space on the way home.

• Like 1

Last time we were in the Pearl and Escape spas for pedicures they did not have flip-flops for free. They had post pedicure slipper type things, but they are thin plastic and not appropriate for a spa - way too thin and slippery.

I’m sure if you didn’t want to pack flip-flops you could get them at the gift store, and they did have them (I don’t recall if both men’s and women’s) for sale on the Pearl. 

Hope that helps! 
Warmest, Amy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

While I've done the thermal spa in the past, I can't remember if they gave you flip flops to wear like many other spas. We have 2 weeks in Alaska following our cruise on the Jewel in May and I'm trying to keep my wife from over packing. 

NCL does not provide you with any foot ware. There will be towels and robes in the locker room along with public and private showers. 

The uni-sex saunas, cold plunge, steam rooms in the locker rooms are clothing optional (lots of giggly bits on some cruises). And those who believe that it is good to do "hot yoga" or "hot exercises" in the sauna without clothing. (The Jewel has lovely saunas with beautiful views of the Alaskan scenery). The common co-ed area has a couple of hot tubs and hot stone loungers.