Dublin DART

Is the port Dun Laoghaire?

The Dart station is very close to where the ship's tenders come ashore.  Day return tickets can be purchased from the machine inside the station.

It is a commuter train so will be very crowded between 7.30am - 9.30am and again from 4pm - 6pm.  Sunday service is almost non existant.

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Is the port Dun Laoghaire?

The Dart station is very close to where the ship's tenders come ashore.  Day return tickets can be purchased from the machine inside the station.

It is a commuter train so will be very crowded between 7.30am - 9.30am and again from 4pm - 6pm.  Sunday service is almost non existant.

What about Saturday service?

6 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

What about Saturday service?

Saturday is ok.  Just not quite as frequent as Monday to Friday.  Sunday is a much reduced service with a much later start time.  

(first dart from Dun Laoghaire on a Sunday is 09.18 am. on a Saturday the first one is 06.29am - makes a big difference with trying to get to the various tourist attractions in the city centre)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mskaufman said:

Does crowded mean we might have to stand.

Also, does DART have some kind of deal/combo ticket with the Green HOHO bus?

Might have to stand shoulder to shoulder.  Mostly Monday - Friday.  Saturday and Sunday would be ok, unless there is a game at the Aviva Stadium.

Here are details of the Dart & Green bus offer...

https://dodublin.ie/city-sightseeing-tours/cruise-ship-dun-laoghaire

We have a port stop in Dublin on the day Notre Dame and Navy Play. Inferring from your post, VMax1700, DART will be crowded. We need to meet our tour PaddyWagon in Dublin around 1 pm. Our ship is is port until 11 pm. I was trying not to take a ship tour. I thought this port would be easy but I am finding the opposite to be true. We will figure it out but it sounds like a stressful day.

16 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

We have a port stop in Dublin on the day Notre Dame and Navy Play. Inferring from your post, VMax1700, DART will be crowded. We need to meet our tour PaddyWagon in Dublin around 1 pm. Our ship is is port until 11 pm. I was trying not to take a ship tour. I thought this port would be easy but I am finding the opposite to be true. We will figure it out but it sounds like a stressful day.

Are you docking in Dublin Port or tendering in Dun Laoghaire?

Saturday August 26th at the Aviva Stadium.  A sell out!  That will be stressful ok.  The Aviva stadium is half way between Dun Laoghaire and Dublin City Centre on the Dart line.  I cannot find an official start time but presuming an afternoon match with 3.30 pm kick off (that is from previous events) the traffic flow will be from the City Centre towards Dun Laoghaire in morning and early afternoon and from Dun Laoghaire towards City Centre in evening, so your travel to from Dun Laoghaire should not be too severely impacted.  

Unfortunately we are tendering from Dun Laoghaire. We will be on Oceania’s new ship the Vista. We will just allow extra time to get where we need to be. The city will be packed.

Thank you for your prompt response.