A02 Boarding Zone But Have FTTF

DataDad

I know the diamond, etc get to check in at 16 days, and we checked in tonight at 14 day- my question is- we have FTTF and checked in tonight and got A02, will this change to FTTF or will it remain A02, and the FTTF will just let us go to a “priority” check in for A02 boarding?

Ive seen some people’s boarding zone shows FTTF and figured this was probably pre Covid, but didn’t know the actual purpose of “priority boarding” that comes with FTTF if I’m still A02.

Thanks!

I assume with an A02 you have either a 10a or 10:30a arrival time. Either are perfectly fine with FttF.  As indicated, when they begin boarding usually right around 11, they'll call Diamonds, Suites, Platinum and then FttF PRIOR to beginning with A01-2-3, etc. Even Diamonds get assigned slots just like you.  The only thing that 'sort of' (depending on the port) needs to be adhered to is your arrival appointment. Long Beach is quite strict about that regardless of Priority status, for example.  Enjoy your cruise.

And remember, FttF allows you to 'quick drop' your carry-on in your unfinished cabin.  Obviously don't linger.  

i am platinum and checked in 48 hours prior to regular checking (platinum perk).  I received B01 boarding.  Is this not strange?  I can only imagine how far back the non priority people got for their boarding group two days later than me.

8 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

i am platinum and checked in 48 hours prior to regular checking (platinum perk).  I received B01 boarding.  Is this not strange?  I can only imagine how far back the non priority people got for their boarding group two days later than me.

Did you purposefully NOT select the earliest available Arrival Time?  That's what determines your boarding slot assignment.  Taken to the extreme, if you select 1:00pm arrival during check-in, you'd like see something like F05 on your BP.

51 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

not strange. i too am platinum and i always select the late boarding time of around 1230/1 and my boarding group is usually something like E/G or something like that 

1 hour ago, illinoisfive said:

My guess is that you have a sailing with a lot of diamonds, suite guests, etc.  

55 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

i took the second slot 10:30-11:00.  guess that makes sense.

I'm going to recommend that you try to change that to 10a and re-print.  You did pay for FttF and one of the big perks is early embarkation.  If you can't anymore, certainly arrive by 10:30 sharp.  You'll almost certainly be through the Passport check-in and metal detector screening and seated in the FttF section before they start calling out the Diamonds from the 'fancy pants' lounge.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

My guess is that you have a sailing with a lot of diamonds, suite guests, etc.  

Nope. It's entirely because of picking 10:30.

Enjoy your first lounge experience @Eli_6!

Edited by jsglow