Tender in Geiranger

Hello, 

We will be on the NCL Prima in July and according to NCL we will need to tender to Geiranger. Our ship is suppose to arrive in Geiranger @ 8AM. 

We are looking to book a non NCL tour @ 9:30AM in Geiranger. Would we be able to make the 9:30AM tour in Geiranger if we have to take a tender? I know the NCL scheduled tours will tender first. Thoughts? 

Thank you for posting this, I am in the same situation with a non NCL tour @ 9:30 in August and look forward to hearing the answer to this question......Since the very first Prima cruise to Geiranger tender will be near the end of May would love to hear their experiences, we might have to wait until then....

I agree with hallasm.  This will all depend on the efficiency of the Prima and NCL policies.  As you mention, NCL will give priority to their own excursions.  But they will also give priority to their passengers who are booked in suites and are higher members of their loyalty program.  On NCL's newer ships, you request a tender time electronically -- either from your cabin or touch screens around the ship or via their phone app (I think).  In addition to the priorities mentioned above, it will be first-come-first-serve to a tender time group.  Then you must factor in if they have any issues on that morning that slow them down.  I believe in this port, the tendering would be done via the ship's own lifeboats and not a service provided by the port.  You really won't know until you go thru the process.  There are lots of factors that can change with each sailing.  Many times, the ship will tender from 2 locations on the ship -- one for their own excursions and one for other passengers.  I do not know if the Prima does this or not.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1