Whittier to Anchorage Transfer Help!

mahuwf

What is the earliest time Princess will start shuttles from the ship to Anchorage airport? The ship arrives into Whittier at around midnight, but it's unclear what time they'll begin shuttles.

Long story short:

I booked my flights directly with Delta (for the extra points), but only after Princess said they could guarantee a transfer early enough for flight out of ANC at 11:15am. However, Delta has changed the flight to now depart at 10:46 and I'm wondering if Princess will still be able to get us there early enough. Does anyone have any experience with early morning transfers from Whittier to Anchorage?

Thanks!

Do you have luggage to check? Hopefully you do have TSA precheck.

the tunnel is open from Whittier on the hour, 7am, 8am, 9am, etc.

11:15am departure means a 9:15 check in which means having the bus transportation leaving Whittier at 8:15 ( leaving, not boarding the bus). I could be wrong but I would say it is highly unlikely that any Princess transport would make the 8:00am tunnel opening which then puts you back to 9am, possibly arriving in Anchorage sometime after 10:00am.

Jenny

OK, so I'm about to book a private van transfer that morning. If the ship docks at 12:30am, what time will they begin letting guests off the ship? Would I be safe to book a 6:30am pickup time?

You might want to call Princess and specifically ask about the exact time you will be let off the ship with a walk off.  You cannot get off the ship until the port officials arrive. Or call the port officials directly in Anchorage and ask them what time they begin processing the passengers.  They will give you an estimate I am pretty sure.  Nerve wracking for sure to book a morning flight out of Anchorage.   We always spend the day in Anchorage and enjoy the transfer into Anchorage and the overnight there as well.  

If Delta changed the time, they should also offer you the option to change the flight in that email.  Unless there is a critical reason to be on the earliest flight out, I think that I would get a later flight, even if it meant (horror) spending a day in Anchorage seeing the sights and flying the next day.

Why be stressed at the end of your vacation?  I know that if I was worried about the end of the trip, it would bother me a bit at the start and even while on the trip.  I dont need a vacation to cause me stress!  I take them to escape the stress!

Edited by sirclean
add a sentence about stress