Beach Towels - Pearl

jayseadee

Just now, jayseadee said:

Cruising on the Pearl in June. Does the ship provide towels for beach days or should we bring our own?  

You will be able to check out towels, either on the ship, or just off the ship. Be certain to return them! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

You will be able to check out towels, either on the ship, or just off the ship. Be certain to return them! 

Does this policy vary by ship? On Epic last year we did not have to exchange existing towels nor provide a cabin number when collecting fresh ones.

However on previous crusies there has been more of an audit trail on the towels. I think it's a 'cheap' policy personally but seems variable as to when it's applied?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Does this policy vary by ship? On Epic last year we did not have to exchange existing towels nor provide a cabin number when collecting fresh ones.

However on previous cruises there has been more of an audit trail on the towels. I think it's a 'cheap' policy personally but seems variable as to when it's applied?

It does seem to be a variable policy.

We like to "dot our I's and cross our T's, so we just make sure we check-out and check-in towels when we use them.

Edited by ggTexasGal
removed extra word.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain-John said:

However on previous crusies there has been more of an audit trail on the towels. I think it's a 'cheap' policy personally but seems variable as to when it's applied?

They are suppose to keep track of towels. It makes people feel accountable. And not take the towels home as a cheap souvenir. I am sure that they still lose hundreds a week. Two weeks ago, there were abandoned NCL towels on beaches. 

• Like 1

When we got off the Pearl in Bermuda, there was a table set up. We had to give our cabin number and it and the number of towels we took was recorded. When we returned to the ship, there was a bin to place the used towels in, but no one recording what cabin returned them. I was a little concerned, but nothing ever came about from it. Have a wonderful trip! 

21 hours ago, Captain-John said:

Was on the Epic last week from SJU to NYC and we had to provide room numbers when checking out towels embarkation day and at our first port.  In Antigua, our second port, we had around an 8a arrival but our tour was not until noon.  We got off the ship and there were no towels at all on the dock.  I had to get back on the ship and go to the pool deck where there was a line of at least 10 people.  They were requiring our Freestyle Card and we were charged $25 per towel.  The charge was automatically refunded the next day.  Apparently earlier in the day they were handing them out on the dock.  After that day all we had to do was provide our room number any time we checked out new towels.  What we ended up doing was just exchanging old towels for fresh ones after Antigua so never needed to give our room number.  At the remaining ports they were again handing them out on the dock.  The last night we went to return the towels and the line was huge.  They were using the pool station as the place for people to pick up any off ship/duty free alcohol.  We were told they didn't need our room number and to just leave them.  So it went from one extreme of charging us to just having us leave them with out proof of returning them.  

Sounds extreme. Surely the administration involved in that costs more than the 'shrinkage' from the odd traveller who thinks a towel used by 100s of others is a worthy souvenir.  Then again, it's perhaps a bigger problem than I would think hence the policy. Definitely not like that on Epic last October.