Cabin 8066. Pursuit vs. Quest

roberts2005

Just wanted to make a comparison bewtween the two ships.   There are no comments I could find on the Cabins Thread.  Hope this helps others with their cabin choice.

Sailed in 8066 on the Pursuit in January.  Cabin was quiet with no noise from above.

Am presently on the Quest in the same number, 8066.  Every morning lots of noise of rolling carts as they set up for breakfast.

is this a typical noise on all Azamara ships for cabins in this area.  I ask because next year we are in the Pursuit again in 8056..  closer to the elevator, but still Nearby.

Otherwise cabins much the same.   Only other difference, on the Quest, the AC blows strong and then shuts downs.  Sometimes too cold, other times too warm.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Just wanted to make a comparison bewtween the two ships.   There are no comments I could find on the Cabins Thread.  Hope this helps others with their cabin choice.

Sailed in 8066 on the Pursuit in January.  Cabin was quiet with no noise from above.

Am presently on the Quest in the same number, 8066.  Every morning lots of noise of rolling carts as they set up for breakfast.

is this a typical noise on all Azamara ships for cabins in this area.  I ask because next year we are in the Pursuit again in 8056..  closer to the elevator, but still Nearby.

Otherwise cabins much the same.   Only other difference, on the Quest, the AC blows strong and then shuts downs.  Sometimes too cold, other times too warm.

Hi,

Has your cabin 8066 on Quest got a shower only or a bath/shower combo? 

Peyroutous-Port side aft have showers; Starboard side aft have bath tubs.

Good to know about the cabin noise.  We'll be in 8058 (4 cabins forward toward midship of where you were) on the Quest for a B2B.  I wonder how far forward that noise was?  And how early?  Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Peyroutous-Port side aft have showers; Starboard side aft have bath tubs.

Good to know about the cabin noise.  We'll be in 8058 (4 cabins forward toward midship of where you were) on the Quest for a B2B.  I wonder how far forward that noise was?  And how early?  Thanks!

Not sure how far forward the noise goes, but on white night there was lots of noise above us when they brought back in all the food and equipment.  My real surprise is the difference between Quest and Pursuit.

12 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Not sure how far forward the noise goes, but on white night there was lots of noise above us when they brought back in all the food and equipment.  My real surprise is the difference between Quest and Pursuit.

Thanks.  Appreciate it.

18 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

I wonder if that was a difference between one cruise and another [i.e. you could have had similar experiences on either Quest or Pursuit depending on the particular cruise], since the layouts are identical.  The cabins under the Patio have been reported as the worst for noise – but the Patio gets more use on some cruises than others because of weather or the particular passengers onboard.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I wonder if that was a difference between one cruise and another [i.e. you could have had similar experiences on either Quest or Pursuit depending on the particular cruise], since the layouts are identical.  The cabins under the Patio have been reported as the worst for noise – but the Patio gets more use on some cruises than others because of weather or the particular passengers onboard.

Not sure why, but the Quest is definitely more noisy.

only difference I can think of is that Pursuit had 450 passengers, and Quest 650.  The noise is not from people it is from the carts,   Lots of noise from 6 to 7 in the morning. 

Posted this to see if anyone else had prior experience.  We definitely want a shower cabin, so that limits choice.