Sunset Cruise and Swizzle Inn

Bemmy1

Hi. We will be in Bermuda the week of June 10th. Will there be options to book a sunset cruise right at Dockyard or do we need to do it ahead of time? The people I am travelling with do not want to plan things ahead of time but I don't want to miss out on things I want to do. Also, we are planning to go to Swizzle Inn but from the reviews it sounds like everyone goes there! How big is it? Is it hard to get in and get a table when cruise ships are docked? Thanks so much for your help:)

The Swizzle Inn is large, multistory. I try to get a table outside on the balcony if any are free. Been there a bunch of times and it was never hard to get a table. Since cruise passengers would have to take a bus or taxi to get there I don't think they get swamped but it is always a lively crowd as it is popular. People buy pitchers of rum swizzle, different sizes available, and they have pub food which in my option is pretty good but you don't have to order food. 

The Island Tour Centre https://www.islandtourcentre.com has a small building near the ship berths, you would walk past it to get into the Dockyard proper or to the ferry, has sunset tours and you can book there the day of if they have space available or you can book online. I think the office closes at 4 or 5.  I really don't know how fast those sunset tours sell, if they would still have space available the day off the tour. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 10:51 AM, Charles4515 said:

The Swizzle Inn is large, multistory. I try to get a table outside on the balcony if any are free. Been there a bunch of times and it was never hard to get a table. Since cruise passengers would have to take a bus or taxi to get there I don't think they get swamped but it is always a lively crowd as it is popular. People buy pitchers of rum swizzle, different sizes available, and they have pub food which in my option is pretty good but you don't have to order food. 

The Island Tour Centre https://www.islandtourcentre.com has a small building near the ship berths, you would walk past it to get into the Dockyard proper or to the ferry, has sunset tours and you can book there the day of if they have space available or you can book online. I think the office closes at 4 or 5.  I really don't know how fast those sunset tours sell, if they would still have space available the day off the tour. 

Do you know Approximately how long would it take by taxi (and cost) to get to the Swizzle Inn from the Royal Navy Dockyard?  How about by bus (which one and estimated time t get there).   Thanks for any advice you may be able to provide 

1 hour ago, McFins said:

Do you know Approximately how long would it take by taxi (and cost) to get to the Swizzle Inn from the Royal Navy Dockyard?  How about by bus (which one and estimated time t get there).   Thanks for any advice you may be able to provide 

I advise against a taxi from the Dockyard. That would cost about $65 each way. Expensive. The Dockyard and the Swizzle Inn are on almost opposite ends of Bermuda. Buses to the Swizzle Inn are not direct so if you did buses you would have change buses in Hamilton. The best way to get to the Swizzle Inn  from the Dockyard is a ferry to St. George's and then a $20 taxi ride or a bus from St. George's. If your cruise is on NCL they run a free ferry to St. George. The next best if the ferry to St. George's is not running is a ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi, $25 or a bus from Hamilton.

Edited by Charles4515

22 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I advise against a taxi from the Dockyard. That would cost about $65 each way. Expensive. The Dockyard and the Swizzle Inn are on almost opposite ends of Bermuda. Buses to the Swizzle Inn are not direct so if you did buses you would have change buses in Hamilton. The best way to get to the Swizzle Inn  from the Dockyard is a ferry to St. George's and then a $20 taxi ride or a bus from St. George's. If your cruise is on NCL they run a free ferry to St. George. The next best if the ferry to St. George's is not running is a ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi, $25 or a bus from Hamilton.

Thanks so much for your help