Excursion Booking

Los_Pepes

This may have been answered elsewhere but I don't have time to read through dozens of posts.

We have a cruise in July and have a $1200 OBC. The OBC is not showing up on our reservation yet we wanted to book excursions. Is payment for excursions settled onboard or will they charge my credit card since I have $0 OBC showing.

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, Los_Pepes said:

This may have been answered elsewhere but I don't have time to read through dozens of posts.

We have a cruise in July and have a $1200 OBC. The OBC is not showing up on our reservation yet we wanted to book excursions. Is payment for excursions settled onboard or will they charge my credit card since I have $0 OBC showing.

Thanks!

Firstly does the $1200 OBC include some refundable OBC from your travel agent. If so that won’t show up until you board. Secondly, presumably you have some paper/digital evidence that you have $1200 OBC, such an invoice from Azamara/your travel agent. Make sure you take that evidence with you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Firstly does the $1200 OBC include some refundable OBC from your travel agent. If so that won’t show up until you board. Secondly, presumably you have some paper/digital evidence that you have $1200 OBC, such an invoice from Azamara/your travel agent. Make sure you take that evidence with you.

Thank you for the information. However I was really looking to find out whether or not the excursions I booked will be billed onboard or prior to sailing on my credit card on file. Apologies if I wasn't clear. 

53 minutes ago, Los_Pepes said:

Thank you for the information. However I was really looking to find out whether or not the excursions I booked will be billed onboard or prior to sailing on my credit card on file. Apologies if I wasn't clear. 

If you have Azamara non refundable OBC then they should take the money for your excursions from that. If it’s refundable OBC from your travel agent(TA) then it’s likely they will bill them to your credit card as typically TA OBC isn’t available until you board. If they’ve been charged to your credit card, you can ask the Shore Excursions crew onboard to cancel your excursions and rebook them using your OBC.

We had this issue on our last cruise and are having it on our upcoming cruise.  Our OBC was from Azamara and not showing.  We had to pay by CC and then it will be converted onboard.  I am hesitant to do that again as when they converted onboard they used our OBC and then credited our onboard account another non refundable OBC vs. putting it back on our credit card. So yes, you would have to pay now by credit card.    If it is from the agency - it is as Grandma Cruising states , you will not see that until you board the ship.  I am hoping before we all cruise this summer that they will find our OBC and attach it to our reservations.If that is the case you can book ahead of time using your  OBC.   

As of yesterday it was still not possible to use OBC to book excursions prior to sailing. The OBC ( from Azamara) shows in the booking but cannot be used to pay for excursions. It also appears as if excursions for our May 30 cruise are no longer available. My guess is that they are working on the web site

• Like 1