P&O upgrade me offer

Hi Guys,

Got a P&O upgrade me offer, has anyone put an offer in and recieved a exellent upgrade? 

We did put in to upgrade to Penthouse, Owners or Grand for $1500 per person, only strong one Penthouse but never Know..

Can't evan see them available through the P&O website, should I get excited for the upgrade?

I received the offer email for our upcoming cruise, but didn't actually put in a bid. Seems a bit strange because this particular cruise is close to being sold out from what I can see  on the net. The only available cabins for two or three pax appear to be interior whilst there are still quad rooms interior, ocean view and balcony. As we are in a Byron mini suite (which I'm sure we'll be happy with) our only option would be to bid on suites and up. As I said, there don't appear to be any of these available unless P&O are waiting to see if there are cancellations.

If I were going to bid, I would definitely opt for a Penthouse as I believe these are located at the back of the ship with the balcony overlooking the wake. Would love that.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your bid. I hope you are successful. Please keep us posted regarding the result of your bid.

Wonder if we are on the same cruise as you? Departing Brisbane 27 May?

12 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

I received the offer email for our upcoming cruise, but didn't actually put in a bid. Seems a bit strange because this particular cruise is close to being sold out from what I can see  on the net. The only available cabins for two or three pax appear to be interior whilst there are still quad rooms interior, ocean view and balcony. As we are in a Byron mini suite (which I'm sure we'll be happy with) our only option would be to bid on suites and up. As I said, there don't appear to be any of these available unless P&O are waiting to see if there are cancellations.

If I were going to bid, I would definitely opt for a Penthouse as I believe these are located at the back of the ship with the balcony overlooking the wake. Would love that.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your bid. I hope you are successful. Please keep us posted regarding the result of your bid.

Wonder if we are on the same cruise as you? Departing Brisbane 27 May?

That is exactly what I did. Correct, nothing available to book on the web site except the Penthouse suites and that is the one we bid HARD on. If available at room alocation time our bid is HIGH so maybe,just maybe a good chance!! Can only hope, got our ocenview cabin VERY cheap from The Players Club deal so will be way ahead if we get it.

• Like 1

I put in a bid yesterday on a penthouse and the grand suite.

They were very low bids but you never know.

We are happy with the cabin we have now so I was not too interesting in paying too much money to upgrade from a mini.

We cruise at the end of May so I will come back and report if we get an upgrade.

Our cruise is now listed as sold out so I don't think too many cabins would be available to upgrade to.

Best of luck SuitesRbest for your bid.

There was a new video on youtube posted a few days ago for the grand suite on the Pacific Adventure.

The cabin looked really lovely and really big!

The only thing I thought could be improved was some padding on the balcony furniture. It is the top suite after all.

21 hours ago, sewgood said:

I put in a bid yesterday on a penthouse and the grand suite.

They were very low bids but you never know.

We are happy with the cabin we have now so I was not too interesting in paying too much money to upgrade from a mini.

We cruise at the end of May so I will come back and report if we get an upgrade.

Our cruise is now listed as sold out so I don't think too many cabins would be available to upgrade to.

Best of luck SuitesRbest for your bid.

Yes Best of luck for you also!!

We sail out of Brisbane in early June!

3 hours ago, SuitesRbest said:

We sail out of Brisbane in early June!

6 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Are you sailing from Sydney?

We sail out to the Islands at the end of May from Sydney.

I'm glad to hear we won't be in competition with you SuitesRbest for a penthouse suite! 😄

I'll let you both know how my low bids goes.

In March on Princess I bid only $125 over the starting bid for an upgrade and I was successful even though the bidding needle was showing it as a weak bid.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sewgood said:

We sail out to the Islands at the end of May from Sydney.

I'm glad to hear we won't be in competition with you SuitesRbest for a penthouse suite! 😄

I'll let you both know how my low bids goes.

In March on Princess I bid only $125 over the starting bid for an upgrade and I was successful even though the bidding needle was showing it as a weak bid.

Thanks, thats good to know!!

2 hours ago, dazadelaide said:

How did you put in a low bid? 

Sorry, but the low bid had to added onto the starting bid of $500 or whatever it was for the category.

What I meant to say was I only bid a small amount on the sliding scale. It was rated as a poor bid.

So what I did was bid say $38 dollars which was then added onto the starting bid times two of course.

It all adds up so that is why I won't be disappointed if I"m not successful.

We already have a room that we are happy with.

If we had been allocated a room that we weren't so happy with I would have been willing to put in a stronger bid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/29/2023 at 4:16 PM, SuitesRbest said:

Hi Guys,

Got a P&O upgrade me offer, has anyone put an offer in and recieved a exellent upgrade? 

We did put in to upgrade to Penthouse, Owners or Grand for $1500 per person, only strong one Penthouse but never Know..

Can't evan see them available through the P&O website, should I get excited for the upgrade?

How did you go?  Did you get your upgrade?  

• 7 months later...

My bids have all expired bar one, more than 3 weeks out from cruise, that one is pending and it can not be cancelled or altered. It has been this way for at least 24 hours. When I check the terms it says it can be changed up to 3 days before departure, I am confused about this, has anyone enquired with the company why this happens?