Koningsdam Twin Mattress Questions and Photo Request

Sea-n-Ease

1)  When King beds are converted to twins, what is the firmness level of the twin mattresses?

2) Can the King-to-Twin conversion be requested as part of our reservation and be done prior to us checking into cabin or do we have to request it after boarding?

3) I’d love to see any pics of twin beds in any verandah or suite cabin. 

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

1)  When King beds are converted to twins, what is the firmness level of the twin mattresses?
      -They are the same beds as the King/Queens, just moved apart. Firmness is subjective but I found them "dangerously" comfortable!

2) Can the King-to-Twin conversion be requested as part of our reservation and be done prior to us checking into cabin or do we have to request it after boarding?

-Yes.  You can select the option when booking.  If the beds aren't how you want them upon boarding just ask the cabin steward and they will fix them for you.

3) I’d love to see any pics of twin beds in any verandah or suite cabin. 

-Check on Halfacts.com to see lots of pictures of cabins.  I'll have a look and post one shortly.

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic @Sea-n-Ease!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

Kindly provided by Cruise Critic member ‘Canadianbear’. Photos taken in January 2019.

6203 – Koningsdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

kodm6203-image2

This photo was from a trip with a girlfriend instead of Mr Bear.  I found it a bit cramped with the beds apart.   I’m sure it’s comfortable for some so maybe I’m just used to one big bed!  

If you look close at the photos, the couch is almost touching the bed.  Just found it “crowded”.  I survived but used to more space I guess. 

When I cruise with a friend occasionally, we get the Signature Suites for more room.  My girlfriends all seem to travel with way more "stuff" than I do also!!  😉

I do think the beds as a twin were still comfortable though.  I usually sail solo so keep the bed as a queen configuration.

Thanks for sharing your pictures on Halfacts.com @canadianbear.  It would be nice to run into you and Mr. Bear on a ship again.  I'm glad you are going cruising again before too long!

~Nancy

• Like 1

@oakridger I cruised with another girlfriend several years back as well in a Neptune suite but still found when the beds were separated I felt cramped so it’s probably just me.  Perhaps it’s my claustrophobia that also played a small part on the set up of the beds separated 🤷‍♀️

I am definitely excited and looking forward to our Neptune suite in the Caribbean later this year, seems like forever since we’ve cruised.  (Hope Mr Bear doesn’t read this-I never tell him I book Neptune suites but I think he’s used to it, lol). 

• Haha 1

Koningsdam 10006.  I find the beds comfy.  The stewards set them up with the bedside tables on each side of the beds but my sister and I always move them so they’re both in the middle.  Gives us a little bit more distance.

05F19DA8-749A-485B-ABAD-BB08542F4FDD.thumb.jpeg.a11992413dc2a0a838a56325101a7876.jpeg

7B421076-4BCF-473C-94C2-680B6163E3F4.thumb.jpeg.6ee32f570d4edbb865f4d99fdc8954d1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

Thanks!  There will be three of us (all adults) and we need separate beds.  We’ll book either a Signature Suite or Neptune Suite for the extra room and extra sink. 

I posted photos of our signature suite on the Koningsdam on halfacts dot com.  That is a great one for 3 people with a Murphy bed almost private -hard to explain but look up cabin 7105 for more photos. In these 2 photos the Murphy bed comes out from behind the picture. We loved this suite.  

IMG_3985.jpeg

IMG_3986.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The 2 beds aren’t the size of a king when put together. They are slightly larger than a Queen. This is for non Neptune suites. 

We have been in Neptune suites, but not on the Koningsdam. The beds in the Neptunes were true kings and couldn’t be separated.

We were in a veranda cabin on the Koningsdam. The 2 beds weren’t king size as I wrote above.

1 hour ago, sandiego1 said:

We have been in Neptune suites, but not on the Koningsdam. The beds in the Neptunes were true kings and couldn’t be separated.

Room 10006 (with the larger twin beds in post #8 ) is a Neptune Suite on the Koningsdam.   I might be missing your point but I have been in Neptunes on the Koningsdam and other ships and the beds can be separated.

@canadianbear, I love the Murphy Bed setup in your pics.  Very nice.  

The third bed in 10006 was a convertible couch and there’d still be tons of room when it’s made up as it is around the wall from the bathroom so it doesn’t interfere with access to the cabin door or bathroom.

@Sea-n-Ease, for three people I would choose a Neptune Suite close to the lounge.  They have separate water closets so two people could use the bathroom at the same time and still have privacy.  @canadianbear’s Signature Suite is a great second choice.  Even though it has lots of room for 3 people, I would not recommend room 10006 as it has a smaller bathroom and balcony than the midship Neptunes.

Edited by *Miss G*
Darned cc keeps changing my 8 ) to a 8)
  • Like 1