Our Booked Cabin is Now Showing as Available on Oceania Website

JHLH821

I was scrolling through Oceania's website and reviewing our cruise's itinerary and available cabins when I noticed the cabin we had booked was now showing as available. I sent the information to our TA and she will contact them tomorrow.

Does anyone have experience with this? Luckily the cruise is not sold out. How does this happen and who is not paying attention?

Thanks,

Leta

1 hour ago, JHLH821 said:

I was scrolling through Oceania's website and reviewing our cruise's itinerary and available cabins when I noticed the cabin we had booked was now showing as available. I sent the information to our TA and she will contact them tomorrow.

Does anyone have experience with this? Luckily the cruise is not sold out. How does this happen and who is not paying attention?

Thanks,

Leta

People can get a hold on a cabin for up to a week while they decide whether to make a deposit. Others may cancel (even after final payment. Still others, who may have booked onboard, can change a cruise once without penalty (though I can’t remember if there’s a spot in the penalty phase where that no longer is ok.

3 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

People can get a hold on a cabin for up to a week while they decide whether to make a deposit. Others may cancel (even after final payment. Still others, who may have booked onboard, can change a cruise once without penalty (though I can’t remember if there’s a spot in the penalty phase where that no longer is ok.

I looked at our booking and Oceania had changed our cabin # which is different from our invoice. The location is next to the original, so we will most likely keep it as is.

1 hour ago, JHLH821 said:

You mistakenly attached your post to mine. So it looks like I said “I looked at our booking and Oceania had changed our cabin # which is different from our invoice. The location is next to the original, so we will most likely keep it as is.

Just clarifying.

Just now, Flatbush Flyer said:

You mistakenly attached your post to mine. So it looks like I said “I looked at our booking and Oceania had changed our cabin # which is different from our invoice. The location is next to the original, so we will most likely keep it as is.

Just clarifying.

sorry about that!

On 4/30/2023 at 10:59 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Thanks - but you just did it again. Don’t type in the same box as the post to which you’re replying. Start in the blank section below that post.😎

It's not the poster's fault, it's the CC update they did a few years ago, it used to be easier to quote someone. I know what you're saying, but it takes an effort to post in the right place. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ORV said:

It's not the poster's fault, it's the CC update they did a few years ago, it used to be easier to quote someone. I know what you're saying, but it takes an effort to post in the right place. 

I use the mobile friendly CC and have never experienced what you are describing. 

Select “quote” for a post to which you want to reply and that post appears in its own box. Go to the space below the quote box and type your reply. Select “submit reply.”

I gave up on the regular website years ago. 

11 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I use the mobile friendly CC and have never experienced what you are describing. 

Select “quote” for a post to which you want to reply and that post appears in its own box. Go to the space below the quote box and type your reply. Select “submit reply.”

I gave up on the regular website years ago. 

In my experience I find that the mobile apps sacrifice a lot for size sake. I use a laptop, Iphone 14, an Ipad Pro, and Ipad air.  It's interesting to see the differences between them on the same website, platforms etc. For example, on the laptop I can see locations, but on my phone I have to click on the user name or their avatar to see where they're from. Having to take an extra step to find that information to me is not friendly.  There might be an easier way that I'm missing. There are other things not just here but on other sites that are sacrificed. I usually only use the mobile versions when I'm not at home. But we each have to do what works best for us. 

PS, I obviously know how to use the Quote feature, but I do see many struggle with it, so there's definitely an issue with the setup. 

Edited by ORV

12 minutes ago, ORV said:

In my experience I find that the mobile apps sacrifice a lot for size sake. I use a laptop, Iphone 14, an Ipad Pro, and Ipad air.  It's interesting to see the differences between them on the same website, platforms etc. For example, on the laptop I can see locations, but on my phone I have to click on the user name or their avatar to see where they're from. Having to take an extra step to find that information to me is not friendly.  There might be an easier way that I'm missing. There are other things not just here but on other sites that are sacrificed. I usually only use the mobile versions when I'm not at home. But we each have to do what works best for us. 

PS, I obviously know how to use the Quote feature, but I do see many struggle with it, so there's definitely an issue with the setup. 

I use a laptop 

when you go to quote the colour of the shaded quote box is very faint  so might be hard for some people to see the difference

I sometimes have to look very close  & I am even wearing my glasses  at the time

It used to be more defined 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

I use a laptop 

when you go to quote the colour of the shaded quote box is very faint  so might be hard for some people to see the difference

I sometimes have to look very close  & I am even wearing my glasses  at the time

It used to be more defined 

Exactly.