UK cruisers - Amex £200 back on £750 spend.

ziggyuk

5 hours ago, thedarklord said:

Thanks for sharing this, it's appreciated.
Trying to make a partial payment on the app right now. Whilst it shows the Pay in full amount as being £xxxx, the 'Pay Other Amount' box has a $ sign rather than a £ - is that just a just the app being stupid and not translating the character, or does it (hopefully not!) mean that I need to convert £750 into USD, and enter that value?

To confirm, just made part payment using the app and it incorrectly shows the $ against the payment. I entered an amount (over £750) and it has correctly appeared against my Amex card.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice so far and I contacted my travel agent today and made a part payment of £750 using my Amex Nectar card which had the offer. Disappointed that my both my Amex BA and Platinum cards did not have the offer.  Have requested a Nectar for my wife and will see if that works when it arrives. 

4 minutes ago, Number34 said:

Thanks for the advice so far and I contacted my travel agent today and made a part payment of £750 using my Amex Nectar card which had the offer. Disappointed that my both my Amex BA and Platinum cards did not have the offer.  Have requested a Nectar for my wife and will see if that works when it arrives. 

I will be very interested to see your experience in the UK with a travel agent.
I believe in the US a payment to a TA goes directly to NCL but I worry in the UK the payment goes into the TAs account and they later pay NCL when final payment is due.
I sincerely hope it works, it will certainly be interesting to see. Who does it list as the Payee on your Amex account?

Ohh! I sail in a couple of weeks - used one last time (and the time before).

Anyone tried using this to purchase onboard credit? Can’t see myself booking another one in time! But £1.5k of credit could be fun!

19 minutes ago, crow99 said:

Ohh! I sail in a couple of weeks - used one last time (and the time before).

Anyone tried using this to purchase onboard credit? Can’t see myself booking another one in time! But £1.5k of credit could be fun!

Not tried it, but I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work. It is spend with NCL.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cybergremlin said:

Payment made on Monday to NCL and credit applied this morning very efficient.

Wish I could say the same for RBS rewards account which had a similar offer that is still pending

The RBS account had a Norwegian cashback offer too? What was it?

42 minutes ago, gregluk said:

The RBS account had a Norwegian cashback offer too? What was it?

It’s the reward account both RBS/NatWest do, it was spend £500 get £150 back.

it also worked for both parties if you have a joint account so we have £300 pending 

13 minutes ago, cybergremlin said:

It’s the reward account both RBS/NatWest do, it was spend £500 get £150 back.

it also worked for both parties if you have a joint account so we have £300 pending 

Didn't realise RBS done a norwegian offer sometimes, will keep an eye out for it.

For the Amex offer, did you get any email from amex saying that you used the offer once you made payment. Or did the credit just appear? I made payment on Tuesday but haven't had the credit yet 

32 minutes ago, gregluk said:

For the Amex offer, did you get any email from amex saying that you used the offer once you made payment. Or did the credit just appear? I made payment on Tuesday but haven't had the credit yet 

I got the email from Amex saying I'd used the offer the day after I made the payment. Ended up in my spam folder though, so might be worth checking in there.

43 minutes ago, gregluk said:

Didn't realise RBS done a norwegian offer sometimes, will keep an eye out for it.

no didn’t get it this time but have for all other offers

4 hours ago, gregluk said:

I haven't had any email any time I've used the offer (can't seem to change my notification settings on my supplementary card either), but they've always paid out fine. I make sure I take a screenshot of the offer saved to my card just in case of any issues down the line, but haven't had a problem before.

32 minutes ago, Number34 said:

Paid via travel agent on 3 May and credit of £200 on 4 May. Unfortunately the offer has now disappeared, presumably oversubscribed now.

You only get to use it once after that it vanishes.
Good to know it worked via a travel agent. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know who does the payment go to for the Upgrade Advantage program if you are successful?

Is the payment to Norwegian cruise lines or a 3rd party, and if it's NCL would it work for cashback like the above if you spent £750 .