shore excursion gone from port listing

matamanoa

We have signed up for a Princess shore excursion on an upcoming cruise and have received confirmation that we are booked.  However, upon going back into that port's list of shore excursions offered, we no longer see the one we have signed up for.  Does anyone have an idea of why the excursion no longer appears.  I have seen excursions in the past that have said "sold out" but never had one disappear from the offerings.  The planned excursion isn't until next year so I'm sure if I call Princess now to explain the situation, they probably would not have an answer for me.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before.

TIA

Barb

27 minutes ago, matamanoa said:

We have signed up for a Princess shore excursion on an upcoming cruise and have received confirmation that we are booked.  However, upon going back into that port's list of shore excursions offered, we no longer see the one we have signed up for.  Does anyone have an idea of why the excursion no longer appears.  I have seen excursions in the past that have said "sold out" but never had one disappear from the offerings.  The planned excursion isn't until next year so I'm sure if I call Princess now to explain the situation, they probably would not have an answer for me.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before.

TIA

Barb

Yes sometimes they are cancelled, and you should receive an email. For example we were confirmed for an excursion on our upcoming Alaska cruise. The excursion was cancelled, we received an email, and the money was credited back to us. They will not disappear from the excursion list because they are full, they will show as full or waitlist.  Next year is a while away, I would give it a  few and see if you get any notifcation. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
duplicate

This happened to us for our upcoming cruise. We had booked with onboard credits, and suddenly the excursion was just gone. We never got an email explaining why, but our credit came back so we used it to book a different, but similar, excursion. I would have liked to have gotten an email so I wouldn't have thought I had lost my mind.

2 hours ago, matamanoa said:

TIA

Barb

Check your credit card.  Either they canceled it or plan to, or they are reworking the excursions offered.  If you have a TA/CVP, check with them to see of they have been notified.

This happened to us as well ..twice for the same port. The first time because the business had closed and the second because Princess was not able to obtain a group pass for the museum . We did get the email that it was cancelled but only several days after it " disappeared"

4 hours ago, matamanoa said:

TIA

Barb

We had a similar situation.  After booking and paying for an excursion it disappeared from the list of excursions offered at the port.  We called Princess and they insisted it wasn't cancelled.  When I looked at my Travel Summary it showed *cxld* next to the excursion title, but still showed the excursion as "confirmed".  We called Princess back a few times, and eventually they said it was cancelled but not refunded yet.  I ended up going into the Cruise Personalizer and cancelled the excursion myself.  I booked a replacement excursion and the money from the cancelled one was automatically applied to the new one.

46 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

We had a similar situation.  After booking and paying for an excursion it disappeared from the list of excursions offered at the port.  We called Princess and they insisted it wasn't cancelled.  When I looked at my Travel Summary it showed *cxld* next to the excursion title, but still showed the excursion as "confirmed".  We called Princess back a few times, and eventually they said it was cancelled but not refunded yet.  I ended up going into the Cruise Personalizer and cancelled the excursion myself.  I booked a replacement excursion and the money from the cancelled one was automatically applied to the new one.

We were not able to find, under any category, a clld notification.  I have a feeling that this shore excursion has been taken off the list for that port stop so we'll just keep checking back on our booking to see if we get a refund or notice of cancellation.  Our cruise isn't until March of next year so we have plenty of time to straighten this out.  Thank you for you input.

Just reporting back that my husband went on the chat line and found out that the excursion we are booked on is sold out and Princess isn't offering a waiting list for this one.  Why they wouldn't just label the excursion sold out on the port excursion's site is beyond me but in any case, we now have our answer.