Norway cruise May 17-28–puffer coat?

Ok my puffer coat didn’t fit.

I have many merino wool layers: short & long sleeve tees, crew neck sweater, cardigans, several warm scarves plus puffer vest & hooded rain jacket.

That was plenty warm (often too much) in AK in Sept with similar weather tho not really windy.

Am I going to want that puffer coat?

It's hard to say. I'm farther South (in Denmark) and I'm still wearing my winter coat. I've sailed the Fjords in early June and was happy to have my coat onboard, particularly at sea where it tends to be windy. You might be ok in layers and a windbreaker/rain jacket – or you might be freezing. 

7 hours ago, ExpatBride said:

It's hard to say. I'm farther South (in Denmark) and I'm still wearing my winter coat. I've sailed the Fjords in early June and was happy to have my coat onboard, particularly at sea where it tends to be windy. You might be ok in layers and a windbreaker/rain jacket – or you might be freezing. 

You make a good point.

Hmmmmmm.....lemme see what I can do. 

I think a lot depends on what activities you are planning on. I was in Ålesund today and a sweatshirt with a lined wind/water resistant hooded jacket was sufficient for just walking around town. If hiking or touring at higher altitudes is on your agenda, you may need more, but I would think wool layers with the puffer vest may be enough. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, waiting2retire said:

I think a lot depends on what activities you are planning on. I was in Ålesund today and a sweatshirt with a lined wind/water resistant hooded jacket was sufficient for just walking around town. If hiking or touring at higher altitudes is on your agenda, you may need more, but I would think wool layers with the puffer vest may be enough. 

Thx! No higher altitudes so fingers crossed.

Puffer stayed home.

My bag is right at 22lbs per TAP Portugal max carry on weight & decided backpack is full enough!