SFO to Hotel and back- FYI

thesmiths

Figured I'd throw this out there.

After doing some research on how/whom to use for transfers, I booked with WingZ.

Booked online yesterday and was immediately contacted by both drivers, showing vehicles & drivers, neat service. 

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf

To the Hotel was $63.00

Return to SFO was $64.00

Started a dialogue with the port driver back to SFO on where to meet already based on his experience.

We have an 11:30 flight which is plenty of time to get to the airport with Priority Disembarkation.

I have used Uber/Lyft a bunch and am familiar, Figured I'd try them based on a recommendation.

So far Happy!

Just an FYI, Cruise Critic has a policy about recommending someone or something you haven't actually used. Never heard of this company, seems pretty solid based on your info, but just a little worried about their over confidence .

Wingz is a great company. As far as I know, they are an airport pick up and deliver service only, I don't think they do rideshare in general like Uber and Lyft. They are San Francisco based and I've used them at SFO and OAK when I wasn't renting a car and at MCO when I haven't gotten a car.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Wingz is a great company. As far as I know, they are an airport pick up and deliver service only, I don't think they do rideshare in general like Uber and Lyft. They are San Francisco based and I've used them at SFO and OAK when I wasn't renting a car and at MCO when I haven't gotten a car.

Thanks Scott, Good to hear!

On 5/2/2023 at 6:53 AM, thesmiths said:

Figured I'd throw this out there.

After doing some research on how/whom to use for transfers, I booked with WingZ.

Booked online yesterday and was immediately contacted by both drivers, showing vehicles & drivers, neat service. 

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf

To the Hotel was $63.00

Return to SFO was $64.00

Started a dialogue with the port driver back to SFO on where to meet already based on his experience.

We have an 11:30 flight which is plenty of time to get to the airport with Priority Disembarkation.

I have used Uber/Lyft a bunch and am familiar, Figured I'd try them based on a recommendation.

So far Happy!

Thank you for sharing this! I'm currently looking for transport to/from SFO. These are great prices! Hope you have a wonderful cruise, where are you going?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ninka26 said:

Thank you for sharing this! I'm currently looking for transport to/from SFO. These are great prices! Hope you have a wonderful cruise, where are you going?

Your welcome!

10 Day Alaska Next Monday

Juneau

Skagway

Icy Strait

Tracy Arm

Prince Rupert

after Touristy things over the weekend in San Francisco.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Your welcome!

Juneau

Skagway

Icy Strait

Tracy Arm

Prince Rupert

I'll be heading to Alaska 10 day July 6th! Have a fabulous cruise!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 7:33 AM, scottca075 said:

Just went to their website and received a quote of $81 which seems pretty reasonable for round trip from OAK to Pier 27.  No issues with pick up times finding the driver etc?

5 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Just went to their website and received a quote of $81 which seems pretty reasonable for round trip from OAK to Pier 27.  No issues with pick up times finding the driver etc?

Shortly after I booked I was contacted by 2 different drivers, one for pick up and one for drop back to SFO!

Pics of the vehicle and driver as well!

I'm due to be picked up Friday morning by them at SFO,

• Like 1

Just now, thesmiths said:

Shortly after I booked I was contacted by 2 different drivers, one for pick up and one for drop back to SFO!

Pics of the vehicle and driver as well!

I'm due to be picked up Friday morning by them at SFO,

Carnival Miracle May 2023 10 Day Alaska from San Francisco Aft Wrap Suite - 30th Wedding Anniversary

Congratulations on your Anniversary! If/when you get a chance I'd appreciate an update on your experience.  I'll be solo this time and normally use Uber but this sounds like a really nice alternative.

18 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Carnival Miracle May 2023 10 Day Alaska from San Francisco Aft Wrap Suite - 30th Wedding Anniversary

Congratulations on your Anniversary! If/when you get a chance I'd appreciate an update on your experience.  I'll be solo this time and normally use Uber but this sounds like a really nice alternative.

I will for sure!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Pick up was great, as soon as we got off the plane, text was there from the driver advising update and where to meet him.

10 out of 10.

Thank you for the update!  Pick up is outside of baggage claim?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 12:11 PM, Sprocket said:

Thank you for the update!  Pick up is outside of baggage claim?

In the garage on 5 Floor,  Uber , Lyft Wingz is there

Lyft/Uber Rides | San Francisco International Airport (flysfo.com)

Pick up from the Cruise was fine as well, off the ship at 8 and in the car and at the airport by 9am for an 1130 flight.

We wheeled our own luggage off.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 6:52 AM, thesmiths said:

Your welcome!

Juneau

Skagway

Icy Strait

Tracy Arm

Prince Rupert

I'm doing this one on 7/24 but we're doing Sitka instead of Icy Strait Point.  

I asked this question in another thread just last week and I'm kind of shocked you weren't bombarded with "Uber! Uber! Uber!" which is pretty much what I got.  LOL

On 5/27/2023 at 5:44 PM, ghjcmo said:

I'm doing this one on 7/24 but we're doing Sitka instead of Icy Strait Point.  

I asked this question in another thread just last week and I'm kind of shocked you weren't bombarded with "Uber! Uber! Uber!" which is pretty much what I got.  LOL

I hear ya.! LOL.

Enjoy your cruise! You'll have a blast.

• Like 1