NEW…Recent Prima Changes

Currently on Prima to Bermuda.  Having an amazing cruise…despite heavy rain on embarkation and rough seas Monday.  Here is a significant change that went into effect with this sailing….wait for it…….

PRIMA HAS ADOPTED A NEW EVENING MENU IN THE MDRs.  YES…ANOTHER NEW MENU!!!   

And, for all of those who appreciate the rotating menu on other NCL ships…you’re in luck.  PRIMA is now doing the rotating menu.  What a nice surprise to us.  Also new… all comedians now appear in Prima Theater.  

Personally, while the ship is sold out and the weather has been iffy…we have had NO trouble finding seating, bar service, long waits for anything.  In looking at the # of waitstaff in dining venues and bar service, NCL May have added more as the service and wait times have been more than acceptable.

NCL IS LISTENING…😏

p.s., we’re not in Haven.  We are in FWD club balcony.  If you’re considering Prima outside of Haven, I would recommend cabins near FWD elevators.  There are separate banks…port and SB, 4 lifts on each side.  Never a wait or more than a couple people.  AFT elevators are one main bank and a much longer wait.  

Bermuda tomorrow…

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8

Thanks for the update!  I did like many things on the Prima's original MDR, but it's probably best to go rotating.   Do you think its the same series of menus the other ships have?

We were pleasantly surprised to find that there are at least three different Lunch MDR menus on our recent 12 day cruise on the Joy.  Previously, we had heard there were only two that rotated for lunches.

Keep us posted on the weather in Bermuda. We will be there next week and hoping for some warmer weather. So happy to hear they moved the comedy shows to the theater. Thanks for filling us in and have a wonderful cruise! 

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

I hope you're having a fantastic trip! Thank you for filling us in on the new Pr1ma menus.

Kudos for spelling Prima...I mean Pr1ma...correctly.

I usually just spell it Prima because I'm too lazy to go out of the letters section to the numbers.

Yes, I'm that lazy...

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, slakko said:

How much of a day-to-day change in MDR menus are we talking here? My wife was looking forward to daily French Dips at lunch; will she be disappointed?

There are 3 MDR lunch menus and none of them have the French dip.  But there are many really good items so hopefully your wife will find some good choices.

MDR open for lunch on sea days so depending how many your sailing has, you may see a couple of those menus.

Haven lunch has French dips.

On 5/2/2023 at 11:05 PM, uneamie said:

Keep us posted on the weather in Bermuda. We will be there next week and hoping for some warmer weather. So happy to hear they moved the comedy shows to the theater. Thanks for filling us in and have a wonderful cruise! 

so far Wed looks to be the nicest day we'll get:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/bm/hamilton/2595/daily-weather-forecast/2595

I would have liked to go in late June, but this is the last trip for Prima to Bermuda

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, slakko said:

How much of a day-to-day change in MDR menus are we talking here? My wife was looking forward to daily French Dips at lunch; will she be disappointed?

Not sure about lunch menu. We only ate in MDR on day 1.  And, it was on the menu.  

On 5/3/2023 at 11:25 AM, cruiseny4life said:

I hope you're having a fantastic trip! Thank you for filling us in on the new Pr1ma menus.

The trip has been everything we could ask for. And PR1MA (lol) is a beautiful upscale ship. We love her and would sail her anywhere anytime the kids were in school.  Not a ship for the little kiddos IMO. The Donna Summer Show was very well orchestrated and her story intriguing.  You must check the PR1MA out. 

• Like 4

That's good news. We didn't have trouble getting into the comedy club on a sold-out sailing over Christmas, even without reservations, but this will definitely allow more people to experience the show. 

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hi @laudergayle - I thought you posted a review of your trip on Pr1ma. Is this it or am I missing something? I can't see anything in your recent activity showing what I'm thinking of either.

Unless I am imagining, could you please post the link?

Thanks!!

I never did my own review, I piggybacked (haven’t done that in a million years) on HBCruisers Live.  Here is a link.  Are you considering the Prima? Post #423, page 17.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

I never did my own review, I piggybacked (haven’t done that in a million years) on HBCruisers Live.  Here is a link.  Are you considering the Prima? Post #423, page 17.

Ohhh! I just hadn't gotten to it. I'm actually reviewing(??) her review right now! Well, between laundry, dog walking, and Sunday afternoon cleanup. And, researching Pr1ma. We're considering her. And Joy. And Breakaway. I think we're convinced to go Pr1ma - can we say unpaid leave at work since I don't have enough vacation days? Ha! Hopefully, we'll have something booked in the next day or two.

9 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

can we say unpaid leave at work since I don't have enough vacation days

And that’s exactly why I don’t work🤣.  Can’t wait to hear more about your next cruising adventure.  You have my permission to start your LIVE right after you put down your deposit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1