Izumi Hibachi - Reservations

I have a 3 night dining package and I am planning on making a reservation at Izumi for Hibachi as soon as we board. I know it's one of the harder ones to get a reservation for due to limited seating.  I am wondering how difficult it is to book it on board?  I am wondering if I need to try and book it ahead of time.  Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, slyster said:

I have a 3 night dining package and I am planning on making a reservation at Izumi for Hibachi as soon as we board. I know it's one of the harder ones to get a reservation for due to limited seating.  I am wondering how difficult it is to book it on board?  I am wondering if I need to try and book it ahead of time.  Thanks in advance!

Book it now and pay full price. Once onboard swap the prepaid reservation for a package night and pay the up charge. You will receive a fully refundable OBC added to your shipboard account. 

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Book it now and pay full price. Once onboard swap the prepaid reservation for a package night and pay the up charge. You will receive a fully refundable OBC added to your shipboard account. 

Wow never thought to do that LOL

are you saying booking on board will almost guarantee no availability?

We had the ultimate dining package this past January and booking the restaurants was the 1st thing we did when we boarded.  To be able to get Izumi Hibachi, we had to go to Izumi and we knew that the easiest night to get was the 1st night .  We were successful.   

Booking onboard is possible but you have to be flexible for both the dates & times

• Like 1

13 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

This might work.   On board, you even have to book lunch at Izumi Sushi as early as possible.

2 hours ago, slyster said:

is the Hibachi lunch and dinner the same experience?  They seem to have the same menu.

We did both dinner and lunch. The lunch has the same menu and costs less, if I am not mistaken $34,99.

8 minutes ago, celly said:

We did both dinner and lunch. The lunch has the same menu and costs less, if I am not mistaken $34,99.

yes they seem the same.  Thank you for confirming!