Suggestions for Vancouver Pre-Cruise Hotel?

Sea-n-Ease

52 minutes ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

Looking for suggestions on pre-cruise hotels in the Vancouver area.   A comp breakfast and a shuttle bus to the port would be a bonus!

We are absolutely loving our pre-cruise stay at the Pan Pacific. We are here for 5 nights prior to sailing tomorrow (6th). Sumptuous buffet breakfast included. Huge room though just their standard room. It’s absolutely the perfect location to get to anything and everything.

• Like 4

There's literally not a single hotel meeting your preferred criteria @Sea-n-Ease; the last downtown hotel shuttle was the Hampton, it has not returned since Covid. Some hella-swank hotels have 'free' towncars to take you anywhere, but I'm pretty confident that if you're asking about included brekkies and shuttles that's not the price range you are interested in booking (no insult intended! we cheap out on hotels ourselves as much as possible, spending cash on swanky dinners instead of rooms-with-views-where-we-spend-no-time!!!)

If it's a late flight, no time to sightsee, you could easily put together your own hotel'n'brekky'n'shuttle package by staying at any preferred chain 2-3* spot near the airport and booking seats on the milk-run 'pick up folks are a bunch of hotels then drive to the pier' shuttle run by Ace. But frankly for even 2 people that's questionable value compared to just hopping in a cabuber instead, and if there are 3+ of you then you most definitely would spend more on shuttle tickets.

Personally I always recommend the YWCA hotel - fantastic downtown location, modern building, half brand spanky new and the older half renovated literally this year, concrete tower with AC and elevators, all for the same price or less than worse airport hotels and consistently reviewed as one of the best hotels at ANY price in the region. Downtown convenience, solid building, and discount price is damn heard to beat - which is why it sells out almost every night so go get booking ASAP! Taxi to the pier might be $10 - it's barely over a mile away, but traffic does get slow on cruise days.

Any downtown hotel you're looking at cab fare $15 or less actually, which is why hotels with shuttles just aren't a thing here... and if you take SkyTrain in from the airport, whether from a hotel there to embark or to get to a downtown hotel, you can save even more pennies - less than $10pp from YVR, less than $5pp to YVR (there's an in-bound-only $5 AddFare which is paying off constructions costs) so it's no surprise that the Canada Line destroyed the local airport shuttle market as soon as it opened, even that milk-run hotel shuttle has gone bankrupt and changed provider at least three times in the last decade.

Edited by martincath
  • Like 2

We are at the Marriott residence inn and it is very nice and breakfast included. Probably only 1 mile from the port. It is pretty reasonable.

we took Uber from the airport $31.00 CAD.

22 hours ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

Looking for suggestions on pre-cruise hotels in the Vancouver area.   A comp breakfast and a shuttle bus to the port would be a bonus!

Accent Inns Vancouver Airport
10551 Saint Edwards Drive
Richmond, BC V6X 3L8
604-273-3311       we stayed here it was a popular for cruiser it has airport shuttle

• 4 weeks later...

I guess the question here is what do you want your pre cruise experience to be.  If you plan on hanging around downtown Vancouver, or want to walk right onto the ship - Stay at the Pan Pacific. But it is pricy.  Or the Fairmont is across the street as well. But again, very pricy.   Will you have a car.  If so, parking for a few days at either of those hotels, will take a direct hit to your pocket book as well.  If you want to stay close to the airport, Hampton Inn Richmond or IHG  on Bridgeport are reasonably priced under $200.  Of course, those rates require advance booking (several months to be exact).  And you can take the Airport Express Train (it goes by some other name) for just under $10 bucks to the Waterfront Station and the walk from there to the port in like 10 minutes.  Piece of cake.

I booked through Priceline where you don't know what hotel you're getting and snagged Auberge for $600 for all fees for two nights when it was going for $1,000 if I'd booked direct. It's a great hotel from what I hear, but I won't be there until early July. 

• Like 1