Dress code

The last week long cruise we were on was over 12 years ago , I vaguely remember having two formal nights where my husband had to wear a suit and I had to bring ball gowns and high heels.

How is it these days? We will be on a week long cruise in the Greek isles and after disembark we will be a week hiking in Italian Dolomites , we only have carry-ons this time. If the dress code is strict we just gonna go to the buffet I guess. And again I am not talking we showing up in the dining room in shorts and sandals , but summer dress for me , and collared shirt and long linen pants for my husband 

thanks

From what I have seen the dress code is almost not enforced at all.  Shorts and flip-flops are probably banned, but last cruise on formal night, the table over from us had a woman in a frumpy sweat suit and the guy (I kid you not) was wearing bib overalls with a flannel shirt. 

Suit and tie were almost non-existent and sport coats (what I wore) were sparse.  Most people were smartly dressed, just not like it was even 10 years ago. 

You can dress to the nines if you like, but most will be dressed in styles like you mentioned (summer dress, collared shirt and slacks)

• Like 1

You can just about wear whatever you want in the Caribbean and Alaska (no swim wear or tank tops of course). The dressiest I ever get in the Caribbean is khakis and a polo or short sleeve casual button down shirt.

I have read that people dress up more in Europe but someone else will have to address that.

On formal nights I have worn khaki pants and a button down shirt. On non-formal nights I will admit I worn dress shorts or khaki shorts with a nice polo shirt and never had an issue. I don't think a "dress code" is really enforced anymore.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, purplethorn said:

Thanks Ya'll , I hate people showing up in shorts and flip flops in the dining room , but also cannot do ultra formal  , we will be in the happy medium 🙂

Errr ahhh ummmm aaaaa ------- Never mind!

• Like 1

I can say in experience it is not as dressy as before when I started cruising....I still dress smart casual in summer dresses but not over dressed.

I think people should be able to wear what they want at any  times on holiday as it is their holiday and they have paid for it so really up to them 

so guess what I am saying is Dress how you feel comfortable and you will have an enjoyable time 

• Like 3