Queen Mary Hotel

EllieinNJ

Has anyone been able to book a room there in 2024?  Their website seems only to go up to December, 2023 and January, February, March and April all have XXXX.

Someone on the other social media site said to call them so I did.  I asked if it was too early to book April, 2024 and was told no but all the dates I asked her about were "unavailable".  So does this mean all the rooms are booked up, too early or just a computer glitch? 

Sadly the QM is having a rough go of it in recent years.  We stayed there twice many years ago before the city of LB took it over and it's been down hill ever since.  We were on her for a cocktail in January 2019 and she was really worn around the edges.  There have been reports the hull is rusting and in danger of collapsing.  That being said, staying on the QM is like a walk back in history.  I would keep checking and if at six months out there aren't any rooms showing I would guess they are shutting down the hotel or it's getting new owners with a new RSVP system.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Someone on the other social media site said to call them so I did.  I asked if it was too early to book April, 2024 and was told no but all the dates I asked her about were "unavailable".

April 19-21, 2024 are the dates of the Formula 1, Long Beach Grand Prix. I would expect several days before and after to be booked, maybe more than "several days". I'd keep trying as the date gets closer.

9 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Sadly the QM is having a rough go of it in recent years.  We stayed there twice many years ago before the city of LB took it over and it's been down hill ever since.  We were on her for a cocktail in January 2019 and she was really worn around the edges.  There have been reports the hull is rusting and in danger of collapsing.  That being said, staying on the QM is like a walk back in history.  I would keep checking and if at six months out there aren't any rooms showing I would guess they are shutting down the hotel or it's getting new owners with a new RSVP system.  

After being shut down for a long time, the hotel portion was freshened and will reopen this Friday. I have reservations for next Friday and I look forward to see what refurbishments have been done throughout the ship!!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, cruisin'mama said:

After being shut down for a long time, the hotel portion was freshened and will reopen this Friday. I have reservations for next Friday and I look forward to see what refurbishments have been done throughout the ship!!

Please report back on how she looks.  We loved staying there.  There's so much history you feel like when you turn a corner you will bump into Bogart, Bacall, Hardy, Costello, etc.  

8 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Please report back on how she looks.  We loved staying there.  There's so much history you feel like when you turn a corner you will bump into Bogart, Bacall, Hardy, Costello, etc.  

I will. Our local news today was showing different segments of the refurbishments. I’m getting excited to see for myself!

• Like 3

I am also looking to book in February 2024.  I called last week and the nice person I spoke to put me on a brief hold and came back to tell me they don't know when 2024 dates will open.  She even tried to bypass the system and could not.  Anyway, I keep checking online and will try calling again in the future.  I look forward to @cruisin'mama report on the state of things.  

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 3:51 PM, scottca075 said:

As soon as they reopen the Queen Mary Royal Sunday Brunch, we are there. It was our favorite brunch in So Cal. The website says "returning mid-Summer".

It's like a trip back in time.  We stayed onboard and did the Sunday brunch back when the Disney corporation still owned her.  Saturday night they did an awesome fireworks show off the fantail as we sat and drank cocktails.    

On 5/8/2023 at 9:02 PM, cruisin'mama said:

Please report back! She is my favorite hotel experience ever and I want to go back and spend a full day.  I booked pre cruise in 2018 and had so little time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I’m onboard now. The areas that are open to the public look pretty good for being an old girl but there are a lot of areas off limits except to employees. Our room is classic ocean liner with some upgrades that don’t distract from its charm. How I would have loved to have sailed on her!    

IMG_8265.jpeg

IMG_8242.jpeg

IMG_8211.jpeg

IMG_8207.jpeg

IMG_8206.jpeg

IMG_8205.jpeg

IMG_8200.jpeg

IMG_8188.jpeg

IMG_8170.jpeg

IMG_8169.jpeg

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8157.jpeg

IMG_8152.jpeg

IMG_8147.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There were many areas that I was hoping to be able to see and explore, but they are still doing a lot of work so many areas are closed off. The Observation Bar was open, the Chowder restaurant was open and the Starbucks was open. All the other food and drink areas were not open. There was a gift shop open too. I hope to go back and stay again when more things have been renovated and opened, but I did enjoy my stay this time too.

IMG_8269.jpeg

IMG_8264.jpeg

IMG_8260.jpeg

IMG_8236.jpeg

IMG_8230.jpeg

IMG_8201.jpeg

IMG_8198.jpeg

IMG_8197.jpeg

IMG_8183.jpeg

IMG_8178.jpeg

IMG_8168.jpeg

IMG_8163.jpeg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, cruisin'mama said:

There are definitely areas that show disrepair but in general the public areas looked pretty good

IMG_8252.jpeg

Thank you so much for sharing! Can’t wait to visit her again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 2:13 PM, cruisin'mama said:

There were many areas that I was hoping to be able to see and explore, but they are still doing a lot of work so many areas are closed off. The Observation Bar was open, the Chowder restaurant was open and the Starbucks was open. All the other food and drink areas were not open. There was a gift shop open too. I hope to go back and stay again when more things have been renovated and opened, but I did enjoy my stay this time too.

IMG_8269.jpeg

IMG_8264.jpeg

IMG_8260.jpeg

IMG_8236.jpeg

IMG_8230.jpeg

IMG_8201.jpeg

IMG_8198.jpeg

IMG_8197.jpeg

IMG_8183.jpeg

IMG_8178.jpeg

IMG_8168.jpeg

IMG_8163.jpeg