FBI Seeking Victim Information in Harmony of the Seas Hidden Camera Investigation Harmony of the Seas April 30/May1

18 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Unless something unusual happens, this is going to be a Federal beef.  Texas or Puerto Rico or any state doesn't have any jurisdiction in international waters.  I'm all for castration, painfully!  

Unfortunately, he'll have it better as a Federal crime, even if he spends actual time locked up.  Federal life is pretty cushy.  I used to have this friend and when I knew knew him he was a straight-arrow tea-totaler.  Before that he'd been caught as a coyote and spent federal time.  He said there were several experienced car thieves that would cross the state border with stolen cars and buy gas keeping the receipt.  Then if they were caught the crime was 'upgraded' to Federal and they'd take a little vacation.  

Isn't it true that the more victims that come forward and press charges and/or offer testimony, the stronger the case will be and if found guilty, the longer his sentence may be if there is a higher victim count?

Aren't there also protections for the victims --especially minors-- that allow them to testify without showing their faces and/or concealing their name through redaction or simply alias Jane/John Doe?

I thought the whole purpose of this thread was facilitation of information about what happened so that potential victims can contact the FBI.

Not sure how commentary such as "sick" "throw him overboard" or attempts at sarcasm do anything but distract 

42 minutes ago, PWP-001 said:

Isn't it true that the more victims that come forward and press charges and/or offer testimony, the stronger the case will be and if found guilty, the longer his sentence may be if there is a higher victim count?

They have pictures/video so they know how many victims there are even if they don't know names.  FBI would want to give support to any known victims.  And if there are victims outside of this, hopefully they'll come forward.

Edited by moposh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PWP-001 said:

Isn't it true that the more victims that come forward and press charges and/or offer testimony, the stronger the case will be and if found guilty, the longer his sentence may be if there is a higher victim count?  It can be both, helpful and hurtful.  First, the more victims, the more counts there could be and the sentence can reflect that, depending on trustworthyness of the victim/believability.  Testimony by many can be a good thing as long as they are all on the same sheet of music.  The problem is that 10 people can see/experience the exact same thing but describe 10 different things.  The 10 things may be in the same ballpark but one may see a light blue shirt and the other see light green or whatever.  Defense attorneys love confusion among prosecution's witnesses/victims.  But, on a personal experience point of view, lawyers have screwed up our criminal jusdicial system so bad, I don't know that anyone can give a definitive answer to even the most basic of questions, anymore.  

Aren't there also protections for the victims --especially minors-- that allow them to testify without showing their faces and/or concealing their name through redaction or simply alias Jane/John Doe?  They can be protected from public view and identity.  But, somewhere within the system, their identification is known and subject to nufarious acts. 

I thought the whole purpose of this thread was facilitation of information about what happened so that potential victims can contact the FBI.  ????

Not sure how commentary such as "sick" "throw him overboard" or attempts at sarcasm do anything but distract  It is a discussion board, afterall.  It also gets a sence of where people stand on an issue.  Like I said, I'm all for castration, the painful type.  I love the "hang'in judge", "Bring in the next guilty SOB". 

I'm going to answer, to the best of my ability and experience within your post.  Not because I want to be argumentative, just so I don't miss anything^