Marina April 19 to April 29 Barcelona to Venice. Will scheduled refurbishment be a negative?

EEB_Ott

Hello all, we're considering booking Marina April 19 to April 29, 2024 from Barcelona to Venice [Trieste].  I've read that Marina will go for refurbishment right after this voyage and am wondering if there's a risk of cancellation if the timeline for scheduled work is changed.  Would regular maintenance on the ship be deferred since it's so close to referb or would there be a lower level of provisions?  Perhaps someone can remember how the Rivera cruises went just before it went to dry dock?  Thanks for you advice!

3 minutes ago, EEB_Ott said:

Hello all, we're considering booking Marina April 19 to April 29, 2024 from Barcelona to Venice [Trieste].  I've read that Marina will go for refurbishment right after this voyage and am wondering if there's a risk of cancellation if the timeline for scheduled work is changed.  Would regular maintenance on the ship be deferred since it's so close to referb or would there be a lower level of provisions?  Perhaps someone can remember how the Rivera cruises went just before it went to dry dock?  Thanks for you advice!

If I had to pick cruising before vs after a refurb, I’d opt for before. Ever done a home renovation? Remember that “punch list?”😳

• Thanks 1

The only thing I remember is when some of the R ships went under the Next upgrade. Depending upon ship capacity a lot of the work started early. Carpets being torn out and stacked in hallways and other early demolition. I remember some weren’t happy about it all. It’s a consideration.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The only thing I remember is when some of the R ships went under the Next upgrade. Depending upon ship capacity a lot of the work started early. Carpets being torn out and stacked in hallways and other early demolition. I remember some weren’t happy about it all. It’s a consideration.

I've never been through this on Oceania but we were on a Celebrity cruise right before a big upgrade to one of their ships and it was exactly like you said, lot's of work and construction workers onboard. Many areas shutoff, dust, work ongoing in the buffet area. 

• Thanks 1