New Ship v Older Ship

GSPG

9 hours ago, davecttr said:

edit - just found I got a £200 discount so now £1799 for balcony saver single occupancy so i booked it. Less than £87 per night. It will mean moving a dental appointment but that's OK.

The cabin is likely to be a EF grade deluxe balcony, they are all classed as deluxes. With bath and shower or just a shower. EF grades are forward on decks 4,8 and 10. Deck 4 is above the theatre and prom deck. Deck 8 is below the gym and spa and deck 10 near the Crows Nest. 

I cruised to the Baltic on Arcadia some years ago and the ship was OK, I suppose there have been some new carpets since then!

A good itinerary  and 9 lovely sea days but note the Faroe islands call has been replaced by Liverpool. Ten ports including an overnight in Reykjavik. Four new ports for me.

Plenty of opportunities for seeing whales and hardly any darkness

The booking confirmation confirms cabin grade as EF so it will probably be on deck 4 E deck forward with a steel fronted balcony and knowing my luck maybe one of the 4 cabins right forward with smaller balconies. Still a bargain though as an ocean view would probably be on the lowest passenger deck.

No OBC of course but I will claim my £150 shareholder benefit.

Now I have to work out how to pack enough clothe myself for 21 days including a suit for the 6 formal nights

• Like 3

I guess it is entirely down to what you want from a cruise.  I don't want bells and whistles and noise or seascreens.  I want to feel as though I am on a ship, not an apartment building or a shopping mall.  We tried Azura and didn't like her at all, so that would rule out anything bigger.  The ship is not the destination for us.  Like Britboys, we love Andersons and we also like the Crows Nest.  I love the big wide Prom decks on Aurora and Arcadia, so they will both do for us.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 2