Baggage drop off at Vancouver port , how early?

hairbflo

Getting through Immigration and Customs, claiming bags, then getting to the port takes a while. Probably not at the port much before 8am.

I wouldn't want to be leaving my bags before the bags coming off the ship have been offloaded and claimed. Maybe overthinking this, but the chance of your bags getting confused with the offloading bags is always on my mind. 

Maybe a local here can tell you about a good restaurant for breakfast near the airport.

I'm not sure of they still do it, or if it costs more, but the Pan Pacific Hotel used to allow you to drop your bag with the door man/bellhop for $5 per bag.  The Pan Pacific is the hotel sited right in the same complex (Canada Place) as the cruise port.

Edited by hallux

Thanks we’ll check with the hotel,( we stayed there once awhile ago so familiar with it. Actually our flight arrives at 1:30 am so we’re just planning on hanging around a quiet spot at the airport til the sun comes up & then shuttle/ Uber/air train to the port 

Pre-Covid, bags are generally accepted around 10am at the cruise terminal.

On my cruise two weeks ago, they took my bag on P2 at 10:15am.  Then up to ship check-in, security pat down, customs, and lunch in the MDR.

If I were you, I would download some netflix movies or enjoy the airport wifi upon landing.  Take the train or cab into the cruise terminal at 9am and start the check-in process while the congestion is low, beating the hotel room dump.

@hairbflo I am getting in just before midnight.  I understand what you are saying for sure.  I booked a hostel to pretend like I am going to sleep before boarding.  I will be flying in from Asia so the time difference will be killer too.   Jet Lag is real. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 4:34 PM, xlxo said:

Pre-Covid, bags are generally accepted around 10am at the cruise terminal.

On my cruise two weeks ago, they took my bag on P2 at 10:15am.  Then up to ship check-in, security pat down, customs, and lunch in the MDR.

If I were you, I would download some netflix movies or enjoy the airport wifi upon landing.  Take the train or cab into the cruise terminal at 9am and start the check-in process while the congestion is low, beating the hotel room dump.

So Celebrity said to drop our bags @ P2, is this down the ramp, left side parkade that I am familiar with? They said after 10:30 to drop them @ door 2 but no idea where this is & think they might mention it.