Using rewards for cabin upgrade

cb2367

I have the NCL card and was wondering if it was possible to use reward points to upgrade from a studio? Would there still be a single supplement charge for any cabin other than studio?

What about instead of using points, if i were to check in with guest services upon boarding and ask about the possibility of an upgrade? Someone suggested this on the last cruise I did. 

As far as I know, you can only use points to upgrade from Inside to OV or OV to Balcony.

As to solo-supplement, that depends on the cruise.  Many of the Alaska cruises this summer had no solo-supplement for inside and OV.  Others vary from no supplement to just a slight discount.

As to upgrading once onboard - chances are slim to none unless you happen to be on a cruise that isn't already sold out.  And even then it's not very common, just not something NCL usually does.

I believe NCL recently allowed studios to bid on upgrades, don't know if that's still the case.  Or you can watch the pricing and see if prices go down, supplement or not, and ask for an upgrade (assuming you are already past final payment).