Suite Lounge on Voyager of the Seas

We are sailing Voyager of the Seas for the first time after sailing Adventure of the Seas multiple times out of Galveston.  I’ve noticed that the Suite Lounge on Voyager is where the Diamond Lounge is on is on Adventure and appears considerably smaller. Anyone who has sailed both Adventure and Voyager, and used the Suite Lounges, can you tell me if you feel the loss of space on Voyager.  I can’t imagine the “cocktail hour” doesn’t get even more challenging to find a seat when you reduce the space.

I haven't been on Voyager, but Voyager matches Navigator. I didn't think Navigator's suite lounge was small.

I've never seen the suite lounge full on any cruise except for the first night and sometimes the last night. At least since they moved the lounges out of the windowless midship area.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

I only used the lounge for coffee in the morning.   All drinks are ushered in from another area.   Just outside the lounge is a beautiful bar in the VCL.  That is where we spent all of our time on our B2B2B last Feb.  Once in a while we would pop in to get some cheese for happy and bring it back out....many in the VCL were doing that as well.  

The SL concierge would come out and walk around talking to pax in the VCL.  The actual SL was usually quite empty in fact.  Everyone seemed to prefer the VCL.  

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

I only used the lounge for coffee in the morning.   All drinks are ushered in from another area.   Just outside the lounge is a beautiful bar in the VCL.  That is where we spent all of our time on our B2B2B last Feb.  Once in a while we would pop in to get some cheese for happy and bring it back out....many in the VCL were doing that as well.  

The SL concierge would come out and walk around talking to pax in the VCL.  The actual SL was usually quite empty in fact.  Everyone seemed to prefer the VCL.  

Just curious and wondered if they had the Pinnacle Happy Hour in the VCL?  It was in the VCL on the Serenade, a different class of ship. We really enjoyed the VCL for Happy Hour also.

1 hour ago, torpeedo said:

Just curious and wondered if they had the Pinnacle Happy Hour in the VCL?  It was in the VCL on the Serenade, a different class of ship. We really enjoyed the VCL for Happy Hour also.

On Serenade B2B just previous, and on Jewel...they had the set up in the VCL, since the ships exceeded their CL pinnie numbers.  On the last leg of our B2B2B on Voyager they did the set up in the VCL as well since we were just over the numbers for the SL.   Munchies were way down the end on the step down level, whereas the Serenade and Jewel set it up on the dance floor of the VCL with roped off sections.  

• Like 1