Prima Review Part 2...May 7th sailing

uneamie

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review."

uneamie was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Our first sea....I love sea days. So relaxing and the first one is filled with lots of new things to explore and do on a new ship. Checking out our Freestyle Daily and looking over all the activities listed I can't see why anyone would ever feel that there is "nothing" to do. OMG! There was so much to choose from.

The weather was not bad, but it was windy for most of our cruise...not hot and not really cold. It was nice and sunny. If you were a pool person then you may have been disappointed for the first few days of this cruise and not due to the weather. When we boarded and we passed by the pool it was empty...I figured they just wanted to put fresh water in it. But on our first sea day it was still empty and there were men in it doing repairs. My memory is fading but I think it was still empty but being filled later in the afternoon which takes time on our 2nd sea day. I heard some people complaining that they paid a lot of money for this cruise to sit around an empty pool. Hmm...yes, there were people hogging the chairs for 2 days waiting for that pool to be fixed....just sitting there looking at it. LOL :classic_biggrin::classic_rolleyes:. There was also a broken hot tub but all in all there was plenty of other hot tubs and there was the infinity pools which were heavenly. Hubby is not into pools but he will sit there and watch me while I enjoy it. So for some reason there was only 2 other people in the infinity pool so I jumped at the opportunity and to my surprise it was "heated". I did not know that....what a treat...it was a great surprise and I wondered why all those people staring at the empty pool were not filling up these heated pools. Anyway, I totally enjoyed chatting with a few nice people and their little boy who was having a blast with his swimmies on. The pool is 5ft deep and no shallow end or ledges to sit on, you just have to float or hold on to the sides or be 6ft tall to just stand there. I barely reached the bottom with my toes....I think it would have been great if they made a ledge but then I could forsee people sitting there ALL DAY and hogging the ledge and the pool so it's good it didn't have one. 

We had lunch at the Local. I had the Pub hot dog...amazing! So yummy! Hubby had the fish and chips and that was yummy too. I did order the "chicken wings" the BBQ ones just to see what everyone was talking about and yes, they are NOT CRISPY like I like them. Not real bad but I am not a big fan of soft skin on my chicken. It just losses something if they are not crispy....so I passed on ordering them again. We ate outside since the weather was pleasant. It jus seems too crowed "inside". We had breakfast there several times and their breakfast is great. 

Tonight we use our speciality dining package and had dinner at Cagneys. Our dinner schedule hours were 5:30 so that we were free to do the shows and other things going on in the evening. This was a perfect time. We'd get there about 10 mintues before they opened and the entire restaurant was ours to pick out our seating. Something that is not that easy if you have later dining times.  We always choose a window seat to view the ocean...perfect! Hubby had the Scallops and I had the Rib Eye. Hubby's was sooo delicious, I got to taste. Mine was OK...I heard that Cagney's steak is not the quality that it used to be and since I dined there before on our other cruises I can agree. My steak was not as good quality as before....no bad but nothing to write home about. I had wished I ordered the Scallops. LOL. The side dishes were excellant and while some said they were too small...they were perfect for us. The grilled zucchini was especially delicious. Oh and the 7 layer chocolate cake for dessert was heavenly. We ended our evening with a comedy show at the Prima Theather. Lots of seats were available. It was a hoot. So much for Part 2...I will be back! Enjoy my pics! 

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

• Like 7

10 hours ago, uneamie said:

So for some reason there was only 2 other people in the infinity pool so I jumped at the opportunity and to my surprise it was "heated". I did not know that....what a treat...it was a great surprise and I wondered why all those people staring at the empty pool were not filling up these heated pools. Anyway, I totally enjoyed chatting with a few nice people and their little boy who was having a blast with his swimmies on.

Good to know they can be warm! We are sailing in Oct in Europe! Just wondering are the infinity pools only in the "pay extra " Vibe section ? 

1 minute ago, Ajnp said:

Good to know they can be warm! We are sailing in Oct in Europe! Just wondering are the infinity pools only in the "pay extra " Vibe section ? 

Oh no...those are free for everyone. There are 2 of them, one on each side of the ship and they are "heated". I don't think there are any in the Vibe. The Vibe does not have any pools...just hot tubs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uneamie said:

Oh no...those are free for everyone. There are 2 of them, one on each side of the ship and they are "heated". I don't think there are any in the Vibe. The Vibe does not have any pools...just hot tubs. 

That's good to know. I was beginning to think the adults only section was the only place the infinity pools were. We are traveling with 2 teenagers and don't wont to exclude them by buying vibe passes

• Like 1

I've been so busy since we got home and have not written my part 3 just yet...it's coming. I just want to mention incase I forget that our cruise had distinct sewage smells through-out the ship. I hope it was not something that is ongoing and that it was something that is being worked on. 

10 minutes ago, uneamie said:

I've been so busy since we got home and have not written my part 3 just yet...it's coming. I just want to mention incase I forget that our cruise had distinct sewage smells through-out the ship. I hope it was not something that is ongoing and that it was something that is being worked on. 

Ugh! For my DW's sake, I guess I should be glad she has no sense of smell. (Not covid related, she just never has had much sense of smell)

On 5/24/2023 at 12:38 AM, uneamie said:

Waiting on your part 3 review!! 🙂

The last MSC cruise i went on had that odor in the cabin hallways. It wasn't overly powerful however it was "there" and super noticeable when we first Embarked... maybe we grew immune to the smell the longer the cruise went ??😆 because it wasn't as noticeable after a couple of days

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ajnp said:

Waiting on your part 3 review!! 🙂

The last MSC cruise i went on had that odor in the cabin hallways. It wasn't overly powerful however it was "there" and super noticeable when we first Embarked... maybe we grew immune to the smell the longer the cruise went ??😆 because it wasn't as noticeable after a couple of days

Yes it was mainly in the cabin hallways. But noticable all 7 days. Been so busy at home I failed to get Part 3 up. I will try to get to it soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uneamie said:

Yes it was mainly in the cabin hallways. But noticable all 7 days. Been so busy at home I failed to get Part 3 up. I will try to get to it soon. 

where were you? I was on deck 12 mid, near the studios and didn't notice any odor

4 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

People say NCL secretly peruses the CC board. I highly doubt it. If they did, they would do something about those soggy chicken wings. 🤮

I agree!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ngrund said:

where were you? I was on deck 12 mid, near the studios and didn't notice any odor

More noticeable on the pool deck on day 5 when they finally opened the pool, real strong Septic odor

• Like 1

15 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

People say NCL secretly peruses the CC board. I highly doubt it. If they did, they would do something about those soggy chicken wings. 🤮

Given the cost of wings, NCL may have purposely changed the recipe/cooking method to make them not as delectable as they apparently once were. I've only had the opportunity to chew the bones of the new variety. Twice. No more, thanks! 🤠

Edited by cruiseny4life

10 minutes ago, uneamie said:

We were on deck 10. 

Beer Belly also mentioned the smell on the pool deck, we didn't really stay on the the pool deck, sorry that you both had the issue-