Seaborn Venture June 4,2023 - itinerary change?

Was just informed by Seaborn that due to operational considerations our Expedition itinerary to East Greenland has been changed to a South East Greenland experience.

Any idea idea on what operational considerations would change a route? 

Got the same notice. Don't know what the conditions might be to force a change except for ice. I tried to find out whether the Southeast Experience was less impressive but Google wasn't helpful.  If you find anything , please share.

2 hours ago, Aexboeingdriver said:

Was just informed by Seaborn that due to operational considerations our Expedition itinerary to East Greenland has been changed to a South East Greenland experience.

Any idea idea on what operational considerations would change a route? 

I would contact Seabourn and ask your question.

• Like 1

Without looking to hijack the thread (which seems to have died) I just have a comment on luggage on this Expedition.

My wife and I usually travel with a total of 4 carry-on size bags, each person piggy-backing one bag on another. We check two and carry on two plus a purse/laptop bag.  On this trip we were thinking to pack a lightweight extra bag into which we would stuff the anoraks and backpacks acquired on the voyage. This we would check to avoid travelling in heavy coats. On checking with Seabourn to confirm we are advised that the anoraks/backpacks must be included in the 2 bag/50 lbs limit per person.  No big inconvenience since we know ahead and can adjust what we take. It could be one reason why there are no formal nights (that we would miss anyway). Just thought this might be of interest to fellow travellers.

Changes in the itinerary are just the nature of Expedition cruises especially in Greenland.

Did you make independent arrangements for tours??   We missed at least one port on our 14 day trip last September.   Sea and ice conditions were the reason for our change last year.

On 5/20/2023 at 1:16 PM, Dusko said:

On checking with Seabourn to confirm we are advised that the anoraks/backpacks must be included in the 2 bag/50 lbs limit per person.  No big inconvenience since we know ahead and can adjust what we take. It could be one reason why there are no formal nights (that we would miss anyway).

There are no formal nights of expedition cruises. It's not unique to your trip and charter flights.

Just check about the luggage allowance. I have seen people post a letter from Seabourn stating the limit is 50 pounds of checked luggage (can be one bag or two) per person, not 50 pounds per bag with two bags per person. 

Weill, Seabourn has finally changed the East Greenland Experience to the SE Greenland Experience for the President's cruise on June 17 to match the other changes.  They have also made some other changes dropping a port, adding others as well as changing some of the Port times.

Revised excursions are promised ;in the next 2 weeks just one week before boarding.  They state that they are refunding excursions for the deleted port however I see that there were no excursions in that Port anyway.

Still very much looking forward to this upcoming experience.

In another thread someone suggested I check out the Danish ice chart site. I did so and it was very informative. Could explain why the itinerary was changed. No big deal.