RIP to the fantastic Eden Cafe cookies, they've been downgraded...Has X made ANY food quality improvements since the restart?

NutsAboutGolf

11 minutes ago, Hammerjock said:

My mother has been sailing Celebrity exclusively for 30 years.  Now her Elite Plus status really garners very little.  The platform nowadays is to cater to the suite class.  If you want the upscale food and accommodations this is how you have to get it.  We cruised with her on Celebrity Eclipse last oct. and she finally admitted that the food has really gone down from what it used to be.  Now if you want the high caliber of food you must either stay in suite class or book at a specialty restaurant.

When in port, we eat dinner off the ship whenever possible

We were disappointed with bakery and food items at Eden, not to mention were refunded our dinner due to having to send our meat back.  I have no idea why all of this happened, but my DH and I will not be returning there for any meals.  This is not a big issue for us, as there are many places we do enjoy.  Beyond is now our favorite ship, even with the issues at Eden!  That in itself speaks volumes.  We love the ship and the experience.  IMHO, there is way too much food onboard to not find things you really enjoy, especially if you have a very knowledgeable waiter!  Ours at Fine Cut was totally in tune with the chef; our filets were the best ever because of tips from our waiter.  The experience was superb because he asked the right questions and took time to understand what we enjoyed!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

When we did a roundtrip Celebrity cruise from Southhampton a while back, they featured spotted dick in the Oceanview cafe. I did not try it.

You missed a treat. Part of the joy of travelling is to try "local" dishes.

• Haha 1