Miami Hotel

dock

40 minutes ago, dock said:

Which hotel does O use pre cruise for Miami and how would I book it, through TA or call O?

Thank you. 

If you look at your cruise on O website   then the Hotel tab

it will give the hotel(s)  they are using

The prices are PP

If you used  a TA then they  can book the package  for you

• Thanks 1

Thanks I’ve done that and nothing pops up , unless it’s becos I haven’t reached final payment yet, but will keep checking there.

Prices for Feb ‘24 are outrageous so thought I’d  check O prices as well. 
TY. 

3 minutes ago, dock said:

Thanks I’ve done that and nothing pops up , unless it’s becos I haven’t reached final payment yet, but will keep checking there.

TY. 

Maybe they do not have  their contract with hotels yet  or something else might be in the works ??

here is one in Dec 23  showing 2 hotels  just to give you an idea

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/south-america-cruises/miami-to-lima-MNA231203/hotels/?sr=%2fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3d2023-12%26sort%3dfeatured%3adesc%26page%3d1%26pageSize%3d10

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dock said:

TY. 

In my experience, the O hotel package uses nice hotels.  But the prices are per person, and I can 
DIY the same hotel for much less.  Then the savings can be applied to my own DIY transfer to the ship, and I still come out money ahead...  But I understand the convenience that booking O's hotel package may bring.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks will check them out.

Hampton Inn Brickell is over C$600 and our usual places are over C$1500 per night so probably many events the weekend of the 17/18.

Coming in late afternoon so just need a decent hotel. 
Will check out the above two myself. 

I thought Coral Gables would be too far from the port and have never stayed in that area but it will be a nice change I’m sure. 

Thanks again. 

17 minutes ago, dock said:

Hampton Inn Brickell is over C$600 and our usual places are over

That is  ridiculous

All hotels  now seem to be trying to make up for lost revenue

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dock said:

Which hotel does O use pre cruise for Miami and how would I book it, through TA or call O?

Thank you. 

We used O twice in Miami.   They put us up in the Four Seasons Miami both times.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dock said:

Hampton Inn Brickell is over C$600 and our usual places are over C$1500 per night so probably many events the weekend of the 17/18.

Coming in late afternoon so just need a decent hotel. 
Will check out the above two myself. 

I thought Coral Gables would be too far from the port and have never stayed in that area but it will be a nice change I’m sure. 

Thanks again. 

Miami Boat Show that weekend, I believe.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info.

I’ve booked  a  refundable rate at the Epic( similar rate as the Hyatt Coral Gables and The Biltmore), but we’ve stayed there before and like their restaurant Zuma. 

I will check with O and keep checking rates as we get closer to the time. 

Consider staying in Ft. Lauderdale and checking out one of the shuttle services between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami docks.  We have paid $15 per person to shuttle directly to the ship.  Lots to do in Ft, Lauderdale - especially using the shuttles on the river.  

• Like 1

Booked Hyatt Centric FLL Pre Cruise this year. 
It was ok for 1 night. 
Many on the Celebrity board use this hotel. 

If you want to be on the beach or plan on spending a few days in FLL them both ten Hilton and W on the beach are great.

MO Miami about C$300  more than Epic so for now I’ll hold Epic and keep checking. (MO also has nice Peruvian restaurant.)

Still nearly C$900 for the Epic is ridiculous. Used to be  half that price. 

Edited by dock

On 5/18/2023 at 7:36 AM, dock said:

TY. 

O hotels vary. But, Intercontinental Miami is one of them and excellent (including ultra-short distance to the port (you can see your ship from there too).

The big problem with O hotels is that the cost is per person for the hotel’s regular per room (for 2) rate.

FWIW: on those rare occasions when we need to leave from Miami (yuck!), we’ll use the Intercontinental always.

• Like 1

I can usually get a decent rate, free shuttle, and free breakfast at one of the chain airport area hotels.  Not convenient for sightseeing, but in most cases, I’ve already seen enough in the port…

• Like 1

DCSAM,

I like the Riverside Hotel.  I've stayed there several times.  The River Taxi is one block down.  The River walk runs behind the hotel pool, fun to see all the boats going by and leads to the park several blocks up.  The pool area is great.  Pre-pandemic there was a bakery and ice cream place across the street and Cheesecake Factory next door.  There was a market that made subs a couple blocks down the street.

I've booked it on Priceline or HotWire  hidden hotels a couple times.