Cabo Pharmacy Recomemdations

skg8

We will be in Cabo next week and with 2 adult sons who don’t have the best health insurance I’d like to pick up some antibiotics for them. Does anyone have any recommendations?  I know there are a lot of pharmacies in Cabo, but have never tried any of them before. Thanks!

I can tell you that the first two on the pier were ridiculously overpriced. We had somewhat of an emergency so we stopped in and the guy charged us in USD and didn't even scan the barcode when ringing in the medicine. It wasn't until later that I noticed there was even a barcode with a price printed on the boxes... We also needed some kid's Tylenol which most farmacias didn't carry. We were referred to farmacia YZA and they had a couple to choose from and I did ring me up correctly. Not 100% if they'll have antibiotics that you're looking for but I can at least attest to having had a positive experience there. BTW, there's farmacias almost on every corner it seems like.

I have not had much success with antibiotics from the small farmacias on the streets.  Old and outdated, or fake!  I’d go to a Walmart or other main farmicia.  

If you going to other ports, someone (Hank or Ines) might have specific farmacias to recommend.  

• 2 weeks later...

We just got some retinol and Ambien.  Just don't buy at the closest place.  Walk a little way as the further you get away from the port the cheaper it will get.  We noticed the price go up when the cruise ship is in port.  Just shop around.  We found retinol from $50 to $20 for the same size the further we walked away from the beach.  Believe it or not antibiotics are controlled pretty seriously in MX you might not be able to get what you want.   

• 5 months later...