NEW TO MSC, FEW LAST MINUTE QUESTIONS

victory2020

I am leaving a week from today on the Virtuosa, my 1st MSC cruise. I have status match that brings me to Diamond. I understand I have priority boarding? 

What dining room is open on embarkation day & when does it close?

Is there a diamond cocktail party on a 5 day cruise?

It appears I get a photo for free?

Also, I thought I read a bottle of sparking wine in cabin?

A one hour spa experience is included, what is that?

Does texting go through on their internet package or only whats app etc?

Thanks

Diamond get a bottle of prosecco and a plate of macarons in the cabin plus a bar of chocolate and a gift(was a drawstring bag last week). You also get a free meal in a speciality restaurant (best perk imho). Not sure about the party on a 5 night cruise. The one hour spa experience is in the Aurea spa, has saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs, heated loungers etc. You have to book your one hour slot. The free photo is only a certain one, not your choice. We never bother with it but they were taking them at the Diamond party last week so maybe that one. 

On Virtuosa you do not get a letter in your cabin telling you the benefits (like RCL/X) they expect you to know and ask for things eg. when you book your meal tell them you are using your diamond perk. It will say your status on your cruise card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kernow said:

Diamond get a bottle of prosecco and a plate of macarons in the cabin plus a bar of chocolate and a gift(was a drawstring bag last week). You also get a free meal in a speciality restaurant (best perk imho). Not sure about the party on a 5 night cruise. The one hour spa experience is in the Aurea spa, has saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs, heated loungers etc. You have to book your one hour slot. The free photo is only a certain one, not your choice. We never bother with it but they were taking them at the Diamond party last week so maybe that one. 

On Virtuosa you do not get a letter in your cabin telling you the benefits (like RCL/X) they expect you to know and ask for things eg. when you book your meal tell them you are using your diamond perk. It will say your status on your cruise card.

Very helpful! Do the restaurants (sp steak house) & spa times get booked up early? I was thinking of doing it first night as the main restaurants can be a little chaotic. Do they time you on the spa experience? It sounds nice. Do you go pick up the photo? Where/when are they taken? 

4 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Very helpful! Do the restaurants (sp steak house) & spa times get booked up early? I was thinking of doing it first night as the main restaurants can be a little chaotic. Do they time you on the spa experience? It sounds nice. Do you go pick up the photo? Where/when are they taken? 

The restaurants do book quickly so do it as soon as you board, we did it at 2pm on the first day and could not get our first choice of time and day. I think they have a stand on the promenade somewhere to make bookings (we used YC concierge). We didn't use the spa this time but have previously, if they are not too busy they do not time you.

There is a photo desk in the main atrium, they display all the photos there, they will tell you all the details.

12 hours ago, kernow said:

The restaurants do book quickly so do it as soon as you board, we did it at 2pm on the first day and could not get our first choice of time and day. I think they have a stand on the promenade somewhere to make bookings (we used YC concierge). We didn't use the spa this time but have previously, if they are not too busy they do not time you.

There is a photo desk in the main atrium, they display all the photos there, they will tell you all the details.

Ok, thank you. This is very helpful

Hi    I'm going as a solo this time.    Normally a Diamond member can bring a guest (same cabin), but as I don't have a cabin mate this time I wonder if there is any chance that I can bring someone from a different cabin with me.    Will feel a bit odd sitting in there on my own!   Also, what about the Diamond parties - can I bring a guest?    I know what the policies say, but wondering if anyone has any experience of rules onboard which we all know change with the wind!