Bermuda in July?

Storm730

Hi! Has anyone taken a cruise to Bermuda in July? If so, can you tell me which cruise line is good to go with, and if there were any problems with Hurricanes during this time of year. :confused:

I would appreciate any help!:D

They are not likely in Bermuda in July, however, it can be hot. The good cruise line - Radisson no longer sails to Bermuda. I would go with NCL or Celebrity.

Thanks Jeanne S! I haven't seen any itineraries for Celebrity yet. I've only seen them for NCL and Royal Carribean.

We've been a couple of times in July & August and it can be really hot and humid, this year we're going in May out of Philly on RCCL Empress of the Seas. It will be our 3rd time on her and love the ship. She is an older ship w/o the ice skating rinks, etc. but love the ship and the crew.

Now as for hurricanes remember last year we had one in June which is unusual but I guess you never know.

Debbie

I've been to Bermuda several times, including July. I have cruised on Celebrity cruise lines and was very pleased with the cruise. There are other cruise lines to choose from as well.

July will be hotter than say May or June and is one of the busy months for Bermuda but if that's your only option it will be fine. If you could go earlier though that would be great.

Keith

Wow the main reason I wanted to go in July was to celebrate my 40th birthday. Its at the end of July, so we would be in Bermuda for 2 days in July and then the 1st week in August. I guess I might need to rethink it.:(

We have been to Bermuda towards the end of July as well as the beginning of August & have found the weather to be fine. Granted, it is the hottest part of the summer, but no where near as hot & humid in the Caribbean in the summer. A definate advantage to going mid-summer is the warmer water temeratures for beach goers. We know people who went in June & said the water was much cooler then.

As far as hurricanes go, the seaon runs from June to November, but normally the most acitve time is Sept/earley Oct.

We are booked on Zenith July 29th & this will be our 4th time on Zenith to Bermuda so we are partial to her. I understand that the Empress of the Seas is a nice ship but has tiny cabins. We enjoy the Celebrity experience so I would reccommend Zenith.

Whichever ship you decide, I think you'll love Bermuda.

Have a great cruise!!!

If your birthday is the end of July, by all means go then. I was just saying it would be a little cooler in May or June and a little less crowded but it's a great place to visit to celebrate such as special milestone so I think end of July would still be great.

Keith

If your birthday is the end of July, by all means go then. I was just saying it would be a little cooler in May or June and a little less crowded but it's a great place to visit to celebrate such as special milestone so I think end of July would still be great.

Keith

Woo Hoo!:D Thanks Keith:)

Woo Hoo!:D Thanks Keith:)

I just thought of another question, does Bermuda have any nightlife? I know the clubs are usually open on the ships, but that's always been when we are sailing to the next port. Since we'll be docked overnight, what are our options?:confused:

My DH, SIL and BIL will be going on the Zenith on Aug. 12th. to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday. I live in Florida and usually most of the hurricaines are in my area of the Atlantic and south of us.:( I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will not have a problem with the weather. All indications point to a more active hurricaine season in 06.

There is much to do at night – especially in Ham, excepts for King’s Wharf, unless you want to go to the Frog and Onion (but will be crowded as the ships’ crews loves the place). The ship will also have a party on the pool deck, usually in Hamilton or KW but it will end at 12 mid.

I think Celebrity has a wonderful itinery as you spend 2 days in St. George and two in Ham. You can take the ferry to KW – an excursion in itself.

NCL does go to all three ports, however although you spend three nights, you are out of there at 8:30am on day four so it basically is only thee days in port. Celebrity leaves at 3pm on day four of Bermuda.

I do not recommend RCCL out of Bayonne – the 5 day cruise. This costs as much as a 7 day, you get no lobster and they stay overnight in KW only.

Am going on NCL for the first time this summer, the cruise listed above. The rates are better than Celebrity from what I have seen. But Celebrity is a great cruise to Bermuda.

Bermuda is a subtropical island and the climate is like Miami. It is a crap shoot in August and July. I was once there in July and it was quite hot and humid. Another time it rained all week in August, However, for the past two years have sailed in August to perfect weather and am sailing this year 7/2 and 8/20 on the Crown and 10/7 on the Crown Princess to KW (at the end of a Caribbean Cruise out of Brooklyn).

Last time I went to Bermuda it was in August and the temperature was not unbearable. I am going again this July for my honeymoon. My DH and I are sailing on the Empress of the Seas out of Philly. I love the Empress, she is smaller than the other ships but it is a lot more intimate and the crew are very nice and will do anything to make your cruise enjoyable.

We have been to Bermuda 7 times on the Norwegian Majesty out of Boston. We are docked in St George the whole time. Arrival is Tuesday morning at around 9 and it is all on board at 11:30 AM on Friday. We have been in both May and October. October can be hurricane season but we have always had excellent weather and smooth sailing both ways. We leave on May 28 for our next cruise to Bermuda.

We're going to Bermuda in July on the brand new (not yet sailed) Crown Princess. There is one stop in Bermuda-West End from 8:00 - 5:00 then it sails on to the Eastern Caribbean. 9 day cruise. It was perfect for us.

Hi:

I've been to Bermuda three times and cruised with Royal Caribbean. Months traveled was July, September and October. Fourth trip planned for September this year for my 40th birthday.

The water is much cooler in September and October. In July the water is refreshing and I can go in with no hesitation.

The weather is hot in July and cooler in Sept./Oct.

Royal Caribbean has two five day cruises and one seven day cruise.

Here's the link to look at the ships and sailing dates.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do;jsessionid=0000oeVzi-TXXVDsXYu92Z4o9nc:10ktdmlju?cS=QVS&date=20063&dest=BERMU&port=ANY&ship=ANY&cruiseTourOnly=false&x=54&y=5

Hamilton is the best port and there's so much to do there and you're in the center of Bermuda. Shopping, restaurants, pubs, horse/buggy rides, safe to walk around at night, close to the bus stops/ferry terminal, etc. St. George is very quaint and I haven't been there at night so not sure what it's like. King's Wharf doesn't have much at all and I stay on the ship at night since there's more to do.

Public transportation is excellent in Bermuda and we've used it several times. The bus stops and ferry terminals are close to all three Bermuda ports. It's a great way to see Bermuda and not that expensive.

Never had problems with hurricanes sailing to/from Bermuda. The only issue we had was high winds/rain when we were docked in King's Wharf in late October last year. Voyager wanted to leave early but too many passengers were off the ship (DH/I were two of them). Once everyone boarded the ship couldn't leave so we stayed until the following morning. Fine for us but we felt horrible for those that had to change their return flights, etc. since we arrived into Bayonne a half day later.

If you have any questions about the ships please ask. I've been on Grandeur, Empress (before it was refurbished) and the sister ship to Explorer (Voyager).

Archived