Costco Photo Package

hman613

Booked the Encore through Costco. One of the provided amenities is listed as “Photo - fifty standard photos per cabin” with Norwegian code PHO50A. Called both Norwegian and Costco and neither could tell me whether this covers physical or digital photos (or both). Anyone know?

1 hour ago, hman613 said:

Booked the Encore through Costco. One of the provided amenities is listed as “Photo - fifty standard photos per cabin” with Norwegian code PHO50A. Called both Norwegian and Costco and neither could tell me whether this covers physical or digital photos (or both). Anyone know?

Because you appear to be new to Cruise Critic, you probably should know that we are not allowed to list Travel Agency names!  Regarding the photo package, I would expect less, not more (but you might get a nice surprise anyway.)

2 hours ago, hman613 said:

There is a post somewhere here where they keep a list of codes and what they mean.  If I can find it, I will come back here and post, but you may want to look it up on your own as well.  If it isn't there yet, maybe they will add it if they can find anything.  The code does not look specific to a particular TA. 

I found the list, it is at the link below, but unfortunately, it simply says 50 standard photos.  My guess is that they are the printed ones, but, I remember on one cruise (can't remember the cruise or cruise line) not only were the special studio photos not included, some of the ones that are printed larger, had other pictures around the main photo, etc were not considered "standard".  I'd drop by the photo area when you first get on board and check with them.  Please post back here and to the Codes thread so that others will be aware of what it actually means.

I had this 50 photo promo 9 years ago on a NCL cruise. At that time, it was for standard printed photos.

You or a cabin mate had to be physically in the photo. So no photos of only your friends from another cabin. Also no souvenir photos of the ship or cruise locations without you in them.

I don't like getting photographed, so ended up with about 20 pictures.

• Like 1

I’m on the Norwegian Spirit now and can confirm that the Costco 50 photos promo provides both printed and digital versions of your photographs taken onboard.

You can ask for multiple printed copies of each picture. For something different, they will also arrange a photo in black and white.

15 hours ago, JohnChiang said:

I’m on the Norwegian Spirit now and can confirm that the Costco 50 photos promo provides both printed and digital versions of your photographs taken onboard.

You can ask for multiple printed copies of each picture. For something different, they will also arrange a photo in black and white.

Wow, thank you!  I travel with folks who love taking photos, and I'm more of, "why bother if we're not buying them?" which is silly because they always want to buy them.  I'm much happier with 4x6 types anyway... kinda wish I knew this ahead of time.

Do we just give them the code at the Photo Gallery when we're ready to order?  Do they all seem to know about this spcial?  We happened to buy our cruise from the TA involved anyway.

On 6/3/2023 at 5:33 AM, boltnut55 said:

Wow, thank you!  I travel with folks who love taking photos, and I'm more of, "why bother if we're not buying them?" which is silly because they always want to buy them.  I'm much happier with 4x6 types anyway... kinda wish I knew this ahead of time.

Do we just give them the code at the Photo Gallery when we're ready to order?  Do they all seem to know about this spcial?  We happened to buy our cruise from the TA involved anyway.

I had this on my cruise in December. On the day before disembarkation, go to the photo area and give them the numbers of the prints tagged to your cabin that you want printed. Up to 50 of them, whether unique or copies - you still get 50 prints. You will then get every single photo - printed or not - on a USB drive, and all delivered to your cabin. It was a great deal!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grobma said:

I had this on my cruise in December. On the day before disembarkation, go to the photo area and give them the numbers of the prints tagged to your cabin that you want printed. Up to 50 of them, whether unique or copies - you still get 50 prints. You will then get every single photo - printed or not - on a USB drive, and all delivered to your cabin. It was a great deal!

Wow, thanks!  Do I give them this code that the OP mentioned at the top:  PHO50

6 hours ago, boltnut55 said:

Wow, thanks!  Do I give them this code that the OP mentioned at the top:  PHO50

Just tell them you have the C***co package. They are familiar with it and will validate that the code is on your reservation.