Have you had the 5% discount applied after you booked your first cruise?

FLchick3

I booked my cruise first , for two adults and a 12 year old . Then we all joined Voyagers Club. I did a status match after that and was given a silver level. Since we were more than 9 months away from the cruise , our TA called and our total cruise fare was reduced by 5%+5%. On the phone for maybe 20 minutes, but no problems encountered. Got the new invoice shortly after showing the new reduced price. 

friends of ours that are cruising with us did this. They got the discount and MSC sent a new confirmation. The total he owed after the discount was more than before he called as they repriced their cabin.

Since they booked direct it took many hours to get it close to straightened out. Still not correct but I told him to leave well enough alone.

Information for someone who hasn't booked - If you call them and say you're about to book your cruise and you want to have a club number, they can issue you a number straight away and you can book from there. You can also get additional discount if it is more than 9 (or 6?) month ahead. So if you're booking for the first time and have no voyagers club number, give MSC a call and get the number first before booking as it will save all the hassles for reissuing invoice.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just did this.  We booked a last minute cruise and I found out about the status match afterwards.  I applied for the match and got Gold so then I called and asked them to apply the match to the booking.  The woman I talked to said we would get a 5% discount and I received a new invoice showing a credit.  I asked if we would get the credit as onboard credit and she said no, the refund would be applied to our credit card.  No credit yet.  I wonder how long it will take to show up?  

5 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

I just did this.  We booked a last minute cruise and I found out about the status match afterwards.  I applied for the match and got Gold so then I called and asked them to apply the match to the booking.  The woman I talked to said we would get a 5% discount and I received a new invoice showing a credit.  I asked if we would get the credit as onboard credit and she said no, the refund would be applied to our credit card.  No credit yet.  I wonder how long it will take to show up?  

give it a couple of months.😀

• 3 months later...