Wifi cheaper pre-boarding?

Ready2go11

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes - that's the Promo we got.    Not really concerned about the Grills Drink Package as I don't drink buy my Partner may upgrade..On the Promo we also go an OBC plus I had the Stockholders Credit applied.   Looking at the confirmation I guess we got a $600 OBC  Plus the $100 Stockholders Credit.    That Is what I'm asking about what I can spend it on.... does it allow me to apply toward Premium Internet (more value to me than drinking). 

Don’t forget the excellent specialty coffees and hot chocolate that the package covers. Use extra OBC for your partner’s beverages. 

Edited by NE John

19 hours ago, NE John said:

Don’t forget the excellent specialty coffees and hot chocolate that the package covers. Use extra OBC for your partner’s beverages. 

We figured we would hold off and calculate one on the ship.   I was a bit surprised (if I'm not wrong) that if a drink is over package cost you have to pay the full amount instead of just the difference like many other cruises. 

I am a Coffee addict so will definitely be taking advantage of that. 

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We figured we would hold off and calculate one on the ship.   I was a bit surprised (if I'm not wrong) that if a drink is over package cost you have to pay the full amount instead of just the difference like many other cruises. 

I am a Coffee addict so will definitely be taking advantage of that. 

Correct, Grills promo means you pay the whole price over $12 plus the service charge. There are plenty of options at $12 (including lots of after dinner cordials, ports, etc) and under but use OBC to splurge on some Commodore Club cocktails. The beer selection is really great (including zero-alcohol) and the cocktails are well made and well sourced. Worth the premium. Your partner can also take advantage OBC and order a bottle of wine and they’ll keep the rest for the next meal. Of course you’ll have to use your OBC somehow! Spa??

1 minute ago, NE John said:

Correct, Grills promo means you pay the whole price over $12 plus the service charge. There are plenty of options at $12 (including lots of after dinner cordials, ports, etc) and under but use OBC to splurge on some Commodore Club cocktails. The beer selection is really great (including zero-alcohol) and the cocktails are well made and well sourced. Worth the premium. Your partner can also take advantage OBC and order a bottle of wine and they’ll keep the rest for the next meal. Of course you’ll have to use your OBC somehow! Spa??

Generally,  Iain drinks Grey Goose and Tonic for cocktails and Chardonnay with dinner.     On Celebrity I usually order an Alcohol Free  wine.    Does Cunard offer any Alcohol Free wines?   If not I usually drink San Pellegrino or other natural sparkling waters.   Not a big fan of Evian or Perrier. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Does Cunard offer any Alcohol Free wines?

Yes. Just ask for anything you need. Cunard has a works class wine list. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NE John said:

Yes. Just ask for anything you need. Cunard has a works class wine list. 

John... you got a chuckle out of me.    I sure you meant a World Class Wine List vs a Working Class List.   NA Wine may fall under the working class -- Vintage July 2024.  LOL    I always kid the Sommelier when he offers a taste... I don't think it turned into wine. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

John... you got a chuckle out of me.    I sure you meant a World Class Wine List vs a Working Class List.   NA Wine may fall under the working class -- Vintage July 2024.  LOL    I always kid the Sommelier when he offers a taste... I don't think it turned into wine. 

I’m getting the chuckle this time. This CC software is glitchy sometimes. 
Most important, it sounds like your getting ready for a great experience. 

• Like 1