Wifi cheaper pre-boarding?

Ready2go11

Good morning.

Looking forward to my first Cunard sailing in a few weeks and I am considering wifi purchase now. Shows as $288 for premium plan for 12 nights. Does the price go up if I wait to book onboard?  I am a long time HAL cruiser and they do charge more if you wait, but waiting will let me use generous OBC I have. 

thanks!

44 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

Good morning.

Looking forward to my first Cunard sailing in a few weeks and I am considering wifi purchase now. Shows as $288 for premium plan for 12 nights. Does the price go up if I wait to book onboard?  I am a long time HAL cruiser and they do charge more if you wait, but waiting will let me use generous OBC I have. 

thanks!

Same price from what I remember from last October

But don't buy until the morning after you depart as it's charged per day and that'd save a day - assuming you can get land based mobile signal until departure and for a short while afterwards and can do without being connected for a short while

You'd need a 13 day plan for a 12 night cruise if you want full coverage

• Like 1

Currently on QM2 and basic plan is $24 per day but don't know if it is cheaper for whole cruise. All I know is cannot get a wi fi signal in cabin at all and is very hit or miss. Luckily have $80 free internet as Platinum certainly wouldn't be happy paying for it with my own money.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Currently on QM2 and basic plan is $24 per day but don't know if it is cheaper for whole cruise. All I know is cannot get a wi fi signal in cabin at all and is very hit or miss. Luckily have $80 free internet as Platinum certainly wouldn't be happy paying for it with my own money.

Have you tried the cabin balcony? It was the only place in the cabin it worked for us last year, and was quite reasonable there, bizarrely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Have you tried the cabin balcony? It was the only place in the cabin it worked for us last year, and was quite reasonable there, bizarrely.

Doesn't make any difference it is very hit or miss all over the ship.

Edited by majortom10

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Doesn't make any difference it is very hit or miss all over the ship.

Disagree. Balcony was also better for us than in the cabin (in a QG on QM2). Fewer metal walls to wherever the nearest router was. 

17 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

Disagree. Balcony was also better for us than in the cabin (in a QG on QM2). Fewer metal walls to wherever the nearest router was. 

Well currently on roundtrip TA on QM2 and have never been able to get online in cabin or on balcony. Now sitting in Red Lion and in the past hour internet has dropped off 3 times already.

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Well currently on roundtrip TA on QM2 and have never been able to get online in cabin or on balcony. Now sitting in Red Lion and in the past hour internet has dropped off 3 times already.

Not sure what you mean by "dropped off"?

It disconnects if you don't use it for a short period, and you need to go through a multi stage login process, which I've posted in past.

2 minutes ago, D&N said:

Not sure what you mean by "dropped off"?

It disconnects if you don't use it for a short period, and you need to go through a multi stage login process, which I've posted in past.

It means the internet signal automatically goes off while using it and then if you wait a while it automatically connects. Nothing to do with not using it for a period it happens while you are using it you just lose signal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

It means the internet signal automatically goes off while using it and then if you wait a while it automatically connects. Nothing to do with not using it for a period it happens while you are using it you just lose signal.

Sorry no idea then.

I never had that problem.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:08 AM, Ready2go11 said:

Does the price go up if I wait to book onboard?

The same price will be available onboard.

Cunard World Club members at the Gold level (third voyage) and above are given credit toward the purchase of an internet package but the CWC benefits page points out that we can't use those credits toward a package bought prior to boarding. It then promises that the same pricing will be available onboard as prior to boarding.

On the website in our My Cunard section, it hints that a second internet package in the stateroom is available at a discount, but no specifics were given. Does anyone know what sort of discount they mean?

Thanks, in advance.

26 minutes ago, Aquadesiac said:

On the website in our My Cunard section, it hints that a second internet package in the stateroom is available at a discount, but no specifics were given. Does anyone know what sort of discount they mean?

Thanks, in advance.

I only have one data point from a screen shot I happened to take showing full-voyage Essential Plan pricing in the My Voyage app. I don't know if this applies across the board for all plans, but what I have shows the discount for additional devices wasn't all that much.

2 devices: 5% discount

3 devices: 6.67% discount

4 devices: 7.50% discount