Virgin to Virgin…questions

KPookey

In the planning process - Scarlet Lady this summer. 

I am landing at 9 am in Miami, day of departure…does anyone know when they typically open up boarding. 
Will I get a set time to board?

It returns at 6:30 am.  Am I playing with fire for a 10:30 am domestic flight?
If I don’t fly out early, my option is 5 pm. Does anyone know of any day trip options catered to cruisers?  

Will I be able to preplan my dinners online 30 days out?

Thanks!!

1:30 is the earliest check in time, and boarding usually starts around 2:00... A 10:30 flight is doable, if debarkation begins on time, and you're ready to walk off with all your stuff. If it's delayed, you could miss that time. 

Dinner reservations open at 45 days out at around midnight, so be prepared as soon as they open if you have preferred times. You can switch things around once you're on board, but be quick about it...

• Like 2

As above, grab dinner reservations 45 days before cruising.  Even if you can't get exactly what you want, grab as close as you can get.  It is easier to move things around after boarding than to start from scratch.

You are allowed to enter the terminal 30 minutes before your scheduled arrival time.  We have always been in our cabin by 2pm.  If you land at 9, you can take whatever transportation to the terminal and drop your luggage.  VV offers a shuttle to Bayside, a shopping/eating area where you can chill out till close to your boarding time.  There have been some issues with the return shuttle, but worst case, you grab an uber or lyft.

10:30 is early but Miami is close to the airport.  It is possible if you do self disembarkation (you carry all your own luggage) and leave as soon as they open the doors.   And this assumes a normal disembarkation--no medical transfers or other issues.   Ask yourself what happens if you can't make that flight.  Are you on an airline that will allow you to cancel and grab the later flight?  Or is it better to book the later one and try to get standby on the earlier flight?  There are lots of variables.  If you choose a late disembarkation time, you can have a leisurely breakfast and not really worry about being on time to anything.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KPookey said:

In the planning process - Scarlet Lady this summer. 

I am landing at 9 am in Miami, day of departure…does anyone know when they typically open up boarding. 
Will I get a set time to board?

It returns at 6:30 am.  Am I playing with fire for a 10:30 am domestic flight?
If I don’t fly out early, my option is 5 pm. Does anyone know of any day trip options catered to cruisers?  

Will I be able to preplan my dinners online 30 days out?

Thanks!!

9am landing is fine so long as you have no delays. Final boarding is around 4 or 5pm. I always recommend folks fly in the day before, especially with the current airline situation of so many delays and cancellations. Unlike a hotel cruise ships will leave. 🙂

During Check In you will select your time to board. Do that as soon as possible.

10:30am is too early for a return flight if you have any issues at all with debarkation. We generally don't book before 12:30p to be safe.  But if everything goes perfectly and you can actually walk off the ship at 7:30 you'll be fine. 

Restaurant reservations open 60 days out for Rock Stars and 45 days out for Sailors. You book your reservations through the app. 

• Like 2